Houzz Logo Print
wendy_roberts23

What product can I use to achieve this look in my kitchen?

Wendy Roberts
6年前
最終更新:6年前

I'm just starting out on looking at kitchen designs and products. I really like a white kitchen with black handles and most of the ones I like tend to be all timber. How can I get this look with a cheaper solution?

コメント (18)

• wuff
    6年前
    Discuss with cabinet maker a vinyl wrap option. You may need to have flat doors but the black handles will still look great. Think of the time you will save dusting all the little grooves on the doors
    6年前
    You can get vinyl wrap with door profiles. I did and very happy.
  • annb1997
    6年前

Agree with wuff to discuss vinyl wrap options w/cabinet maker. Of course, the more joinery the more costly, but there may be ways to reduce costs. For example, instead of all overhead cabinets you can have some open shelving and/or floating shelves; explore the difference brands of soft-close hardware for drawers; compare cost of glass-front cabinets vs other materials (metal), source handles and pulls to compare cost, consider various options for moulding.

• siriuskey
    6年前

Check out Ikea they have this door profile "Shaker", they should be able to help you get the "Look" Hamptons and at a great price.

Wendy Robertsさんはsiriuskeyさんにお礼を言いました
  • scottevie
    6年前

Our shaker cabinets are textured (matt-look rather than satin) 2pac.

Wendy Robertsさんはscottevieさんにお礼を言いました
  • annb1997
    6年前

This is a flat pack manufacturer, which might be worth a look.

https://www.flatpackkitchens.com.au/cabinets/shaker?pages=1-1#p2050

Wendy Robertsさんはannb1997さんにお礼を言いました
  • Jo M
    6年前

Bunnings sell flat pack shaker style cabinets, including glass fronted ones like in your photo.

We have recently completed our kitchen using them, and they really look the part at an affordable price. Especially if you team them with more upmarket bench top, hardware,splash back etc.

• PRO
    Compass Kitchens
    6年前

Hi Wendy, I think the photo you have is a Traditional Hand Painted Shaker Kitchen, much like the type of Kitchens we produce.

Hope this helps.

Malcolm

• Wendy Roberts
    質問の投稿者
    6年前

Thanks so much Panelform love that kitchen

• Jo M
    6年前
    This is our Bunnings flat pack kitchen cabinets. Vinyl wrap I think, would have loved solid timber but beyond our budget.
    Wendy RobertsさんはJo Mさんにお礼を言いました
  • annb1997
    6年前

Your kitchen is really lovely, Jo. What colour is your pressed metal? In pic is looks a powder blue or grey. Everything is very beautiful! Like your industrial pendant too. You did well!

• Jo M
    6年前

Thanks annb. yes v happy how it all turned out, it did take over 12 months from when we ripped out the peach coloured 80's cabinets but worth it :) the pressed metal is a powder coat colour called ocean mist. sort of between a soft grey/greenish colour.

• PRO
    Wallaby Home
    6年前

If you decided to go a little bit further with your upgrade you would achieve a similar look with one of our white granite sinks.

https://www.houzz.com.au/photos/projects-mediterranean-perth-phvw-vp~95185000

• Wendy Roberts
    質問の投稿者
    6年前

Thanks Jo I agree with Ann it is lovely and the same type of cupboards I want to achieve. Great to know I can do without the solid timber doors as it just isn't in my budget.

• veronica davis
    6年前

Well now after reading all these posts, I have a dilemma. We would like to maximize the practicality of the deep and soft closing drawers. Corner drawers, the under sink u-shaped drawers etc. Thirty five years ago (yep that's right 35 yrs) when our budget did not allow us to buy new, we bought a dismantled u-shaped show-room demonstration timber kitchen. For years it was blonde pine. Solid pine benchtops, re-sanded and stained a couple of times. Then my husband painted all the solid timber doors with antique white USA marine paint which has worn well. New satin knobs (that have not worn as well) Now it's becoming a little 'shabby chic'. We thought of a complete reno. But we have no space to enlarge on the 3x3 metres. and new 'plastic' kitchens somehow seem less durable than our existing old one. Sink, stove and fridge in the recommended triangle floorplan. So what to do? Our pantry is in the corner with shelves that items at the back of are inaccessible. The microwave is the perfect shoulder level. The cabinets allow me to display favourite tins, crockery and vintage scales. Being a split level house I need the broom cupboard and ironing board stored close at hand.

• annb1997
    6年前

Veronica, at the top of the page, select Advice, then select Design Dilemna, them in the Discussion bubble, post your Dilemna. You will get a better response starting your very own Dilemna. Look forward to helping. Also, if you can also post a sketch of your kitchen, with exact dimensions and location of cabinets, fridge, cooktop & stove, MV, pantry, all doors & windows - that will be very helpful for the people posting responses. Cheers!

Wendy Robertsさんはannb1997さんにお礼を言いました
  • veronica davis
    6年前

thanks for that ann