Houzz Logo Print
zeitgast

Quartz vs. Geoluxe vs. Azerocare

Sms
6年前

We were all set to go with quartz in the new kitchen due to all the low maintenance/staining/etching etc advantages over marble. Had considered Neolith but it looks really fake to me. Have that same concern with some marble-look quartz too. Then I saw ads for two new materials... Geoluxe and Azerocare

Geoluxe sounds ideal and Azerocare sounds perhaps too good to be true. I imagine both are going to be $$$$. Was interested to know your thoughts on these materials and wonder if anyone has installed either yet.

コメント (37)

• K S
    6年前
    I just looked at geolux...seven stones. They gave me a sample to go test with my kitchen. it is really beautiful! I was considering dekton...but was wary of all the chipping...fabrication issues I have been reading about. The rep at Seven Stones said this material is fabricated the same as quartz...so same fabrication price...and you can have any edge you want!
  • User
    6年前

I'm interested in the Geoluxe as well. If I understand this prod correctly, it's basically melted and reconstituted rock/minerals, with none of natural marble's issues. I'm in the Chicago area and have a stone yard nearby-ish that lists it. I haven't gone to see it as of yet. But they do warn on their website to expect a long wait time between ordering and delivery.

As for Azerocare, it's not a new countertop material. It's a "new and better" sealer/protective finish for natural marble.

Maybe Joseph Corlett could chime in.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    6年前

My only experience with Geoluxe was seeing it win Best In Show a year ago in Orlando.

• Sms
    質問の投稿者
    6年前
    Thank K S— did you get honed and polished samples?
  • K S
    6年前

I got a sample of the polished Dionysos slab.

• Sms
    質問の投稿者
    6年前
    Polished might be too shiny for our space. Want to get a honed sample to see how it holds up.
  • K S
    6年前

I really like the glossy look...and the feel of it...like glass.

• K S
    6年前

Also, on the Geoluxe website they provide a comparison of this product to quartz.

http://geoluxe.com/en/performance

The following video for fun. ;)

http://geoluxe.com/en/video

• K S
    6年前

Sms I made a deposit on the Dionysos today! I went to a fairly nearby distributor so I could see the product in its full slab form. They also had installations of the product in their showroom. It is really beautiful. The samples do not do it justice.

• Sms
    質問の投稿者
    6年前
    K S really great to hear that. Congrats! I am trying to find a place to see a full slab. Agree the samples are limited.
  • PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    6年前

Geoluxe at Coverings 2017.

• K S
    6年前

Counters are in. I don't have a backsplash yet.

I love them!

• User
    6年前

Azerocare is only available on certain marbles. When I looked a few months ago, the marbles weren't the style we are going for. It was very limited. There may be many more choices now.

I saw Geoluxe samples and they were gorgeous. I only want honed, so I wasn't considering them. I see they do, in fact, have honed. I think I'm getting a plain solid white marble, but thanks for this post because I will check it out before we pull the trigger.

Your counter is gorgeous!

Does anyone know what the honed geoluxe feels like? I checked out honed porcelain but didn't love the texture

• Dim Pav
    6年前

We looked at geoluxe slabs at marbles of the world in Pompano, FL. They have both polished and honed. We prefer polished and it looks amazing. Fabrication is 2-3x higher cost than quartz.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    5年前

Geoluxe is not the only material with internal stress; engineered stone suffers the same problem. This sounds like installer error to me.

• Dim Pav
    5年前

@endoman1988, my fabricator refuses to work with geoluxe material for the same reason. He advised the cost of material ($1300 per slab, 2 slabs) is not worth the risk as most likely he said it will shatter in pieces while cutting it. He said if I still want it, it will be one me if things go wrong.

I am still not set on that choice but i really like its properties and mostly its look.

I have watched and read pretty much every video, manuals etc about geoluxe and it looks like water jet cutting is the preffered (safer) way of fabrication rather than conventional way with a blade (special blade).

If material is that frigale and has internal stress, i can imagine how easy it would crack upon dropping a glass or dish on it. After all it is a kitchen top..

I really wish if there was more consumer longterm feedback than mostly advertisment on the web for geoluxe.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    5年前

"If material is that frigale and has internal stress, i can imagine how easy it would crack upon dropping a glass or dish on it."

Dim Pav:

Once a sheet is successfully cut and properly installed, the internal stress is relieved. I would think the odds of a Geoluxe sheet spontaneously shattering after installation, with or without dropping a glass or dish, to be quite low.

• K S
    5年前
    最終更新:5年前

I don't know about shattering. I dropped my heavy cast iron frying pan from a dish draining rack while lifting it out of the sink. The move was not too smart of me....LOL The pan fell out from height of at least 6 inches and hit hard against the the counter edge and top surface. It hit in two places. Luckily nothing shattered or chipped...not even the mitred edge. However, I am having issues with the bottom edge of my sink cutout. I wish the fabricator would have rounded this edge a bit because it is chipping all over the place. It feels kind of sharp like a raw unfinished edge. Also part of the problem is that I have a large overhang...about 1/4 of an inch. I think if the edge had been flush which is recommended by Geoluxe, I would not have any issues because things would not keep hitting the bottom edge when washing/rinsing dishes etc. I also think rounding the bottom edge would also reduce the chipping problem. I contacted Geoluxe and sent pictures. They said the bottom edge needs to be polished and smoothed. They said to have my fabricator remove the counter, polish and smooth the bottom surface and reinstall to correct the problem. Since my fabricator seems to have used mortar or cement (not sure why they did this...maybe to level?) when installing my counter this is not going to happen. The Geoluxe material is gorgeous, and I still love the way it looks, but I am definitely not to thrilled about this chipping along the inside of my sink cutout. I contacted my fabricator, but they are unwilling to help me with this situation. I wish I would have been more knowledgeable about sink cutouts and the different options before I had the counters installed. This was not discussed with me and I did not know about the differences or the pros and cons. I should have educated myself a bit more. Oh well live and learn I guess.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    5年前
    最終更新:5年前

KS:

It's not too late to have your sink dropped, your cutout enlarged, profiled, polished (on site), and the sink reinstalled with a slight positive reveal which will prevent the chipping. $700.00 or so.

Yours is another example of why I dislike and discourage the negative sink reveal. A crud ledge that chips.

• K S
    5年前

Thanks Joseph. However, the fabricator has my undermount sink sitting on the plywood with the counter material on top....so like a top mounted sink on the plywood. Again just something I saw them do when installing and did not really know enough to ask why they were installing it that way. There is no other support for the sink.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    5年前

K S:

That raised the cost of job by $500.00, but my above advice still stands.

• PRO
    Terrazzo & Marble Supply Co.
    5年前

Geoluxe and Azerocare are both amazing new products. Geoluxe, a Pyrolithic Stone, has no porosity which makes it resistant to staining, scratching, high acid, low water absorption and easy to clean. It’s the first ever man made stone that has consistent pattern and veining throughout an entire slab.

While with Azerocare you can have the beauty of marble in your home with the no worries mentally. Azerocare, is not a sealer but rather a permanent treatment done during the cutting and prepping of slabs: https://www.tmsupply.com/blog/index.php/azerocare/

Also another great option to consider would be Atech by Antoli: https://www.tmsupply.com/products/natural-stone-products.aspx?filter=atech

Feel free to contact us directly with any questions!

• bjack0013
    5年前

Can anyone recommend a Geoluxe fabricator in Dallas? Thank you!

• Jennifer P
    4年前

Does anyone have any updated info on Geoluxe? There seems to be a huge gap of web presence since early 2018 until now...and no longer affiliated with certain retailers or Pental...seems odd. Are they still going strong and recommended? All I can find is news on their 1 new color Gluxe but no reviews or anything recent.

• Kat Satow
    4年前

still loving mine. I am going to...or l was until all this chaos order another slab. there info has a search link on where to buy.

• 4blechs
    4年前

@kat satow - just had polished dyonisis installed yesterday in Ft Lauderdale, but i am stuck in NY! Fabricator did not have any issues for kitchen and two bathroom vanities. I have a sample that I love. But just read over the product brochure and there seemed to be more caution about staining/scratching than I remember reading about 6 months ago when I first selected it. So, how do you clean/care for your countertops? And have u noticed any scratches / swirls or patina from regular, daily use? Thanks!

• Kat Satow
    4年前

Hello! No I really have not noticed scratches, swirls or problems with staining. Some times I may see a little mark, but I usually use Bar Keeper's Friend to rub it out. I also sometimes use Clorox cleaner with bleach! I use a blue scotch brite sponge and wipe down with a microfiber sponge as the water seems to bead up and sit on top. I am really not very careful with them (LOL) and they still look fantastic! The only issue I have had is with some small chipping around the sink edge,,,but that has to do with the fabricator rather than the material. They left a raw edge instead of beveling or polishing out the bottom edge....and I did not know any better back then to tell them that they needed to smooth that edge out. Because the edge is not finished it seems to be more fragile...especially if it gets hit with a cast iron pot handle. :/ However, I have dropped a cast iron pot on the outside edge of that counter with no ill effects so it is a very strong material. I hope you love your counters as much as I love mine!

• Robin Mendelsohn
    3年前

Looking for a fabricator in Miami?

• 4blechs
    3年前

Just had Geoluxe installed in Fort Lauderdale...
    Maybe they go to Miami. Kitchen counter and 2 vanities.

WS Granite
    Marcia Amorim
    271 NW 1st Street Deerfield Beach, FL 33441
    (954) 234-2377 O
    (954) 851-3740 C
    http://wsgranitetops.com/

• Nadine McCarthy
    3年前

@bjack0013 Did you end up finding a geoluxe fabricator in Dallas? I just discovered Geoluxe today and am trying to find a fabricator.

• Christine Boring
    2年前

Purchased Geoluxe Nestos Royal today. Ciot, in Troy, Mi has slabs in their beautiful show room. I saw this product, fell in love with the clean, shiny appearance. So beautiful!

• HouzzUser-90741628
    昨年

Hi - anyone have recommendations for geoluxe fabricator in Los Angeles? Thanks

• amelia0008
    昨年

I‘ve had Geoluxe since 2018 and have had some issues with scratching and with water stains! I complained to them and they sent out a team with bottles of cleaning solution and brushes and they concluded that my slabs were not properly sealed. The water stains are extremely visible when under cabinet lights are on them (mine is dark grey high polish). i just attempted to use a harsher product on them and it helps the superficial stains but not those that are set in. Beautiful product but not indestructable as they claim.

• HouzzUser-229636690
    昨年

I have been in the stone & tile industry for over 25 yrs and I have YET to see anything as strong, stain resistant & as durable as Geoluxe!!! I have written in it w/a permanent sharpie marker, sprayed it with rustolean paint & 2 wks later the paint still came off simply using dishwasher liquid!! No acetone necessary. I even took a razor to it originally because thinking I would have to scrape it off and it didn't even scratch!! I left dishwashing liquid for 10 minutes & it came over easily with a light abrasive scrubby sponge!! I was am still blown a way!! HIGHLY RECOMMEND GEOLUXE for indoor or outdoor installations with peace of mind!! Don't take my word for it. Request a sample from me @ Ciot!!! I will have one sent to you right away. Compare it for yourself to any solid surface of your choosing. Recommend the best one you can find to compare it to. There is Nothing Stronger!! I am So excited about it!!

• HouzzUser-229636690
    昨年

Julie Ann again here from Ciot, The honed I was informed had some issue with scratching however' the polished holds up Amazingly Well!! I have put this materials thru all kinds of test and recommend anyone wise enough to choose Geoluxe for any type of installation in your home whether indoors or outdoors the correct blade MUST BE USED!!! I Highly recommend a 16" terminator blade and should use with a flange on C&C or Bridge Saw when cutting and always cut wet!!! The proper blade is Very Important. Same blade used for cutting porcelain slabs. Just like Dekton or porcelain slabs I highly suggest yr fabricator is certified to cut this material. If anyone would like to see slabs in person in NY are more than welcomed to come to Ciot in Sunset Park Brooklyn. We also have other locations in Montreal, Toronto, Atlanta and Detroit. For NY ask for Julie Ann Mendez. Happy to show you our slabs and demonstrate for you it's strength. I assure you, you will be as amazed as I am!

• PRO
    lisalisajw
    9か月前

I want to give my feedback on Geoluxe after having it installed in my home for 2 1/2 years in Atlanta. While it looks beautiful on the surface the edges are what is rediculous I had chips all over it. I would like to blame my kids but they are all older and moved out, its just me and my husband! I did get the installer to come back out recently to repair the chips, 7 to be exact, 600.00 for repair. Im doing another home in California and will stay far away from it. This is just my experience with Geoluxe.

PR