Houzz Logo Print
thegardenartist

Before and After: Asian Garden with Feng Shui Influence

The project scope follows the tradition of Asian design, rich in symbolism and philosophy, with an emphasis on Feng Shui. Improvements are sited within the eight sections of the Feng Shui Bagua map that supports the movement of Chi. The dining and play area that occupies the east end honors the "Taste and "Childrens" section of the Bagua. "Water" is supported with a waterfall in the center of the landscape and represents renewal. It is surrounded by boulders which symbolize the craggy mountains where the ancestral spirits dwell. "Love and Marriage" is represented by a lantern, a symbol of enlightenment. The utility area and garage is within the "Travel" sector of the map. The Cherry trees fulfill the "Changing of the Season" section. The gravel raking meditation garden to the west is positioned in the "knowledge and Wisdom" area.

コメント (17)

• PRO
    Dig Doug's Designs
    6年前

Very nice indeed!

The Garden Artist LLCさんはDig Doug's Designsさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Mega Builders
    6年前

Beautiful!

The Garden Artist LLCさんはMega Buildersさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    The Garden Artist LLC
    質問の投稿者
    6年前

Thank you so much!

• scunniffe
    6年前

It is GORGEOUS - I love it!!

The Garden Artist LLCさんはscunniffeさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    21st Century Tile
    6年前

Wow! Beautiful!!

The Garden Artist LLCさんは21st Century Tileさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    The Garden Artist LLC
    質問の投稿者
    6年前

Thank you so much! It was so fun to design this. A big challenge and labor of love but the end product was great! I wish it was in my backyard!

• Suzy T
    6年前
    Wow!!
    The Garden Artist LLCさんはSuzy Tさんにお礼を言いました
  • User
    6年前

Nice! What was your source for the Japanese lanterns?

The Garden Artist LLCさんはUserさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    The Garden Artist LLC
    質問の投稿者
    6年前

Thanks! We sourced the lanterns from a local vendor called Impact Imports in Boise.

• PRO
    OTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.
    6年前

Looks stunning!!

The Garden Artist LLCさんはOTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.さんにお礼を言いました
  • Angel 18432
    6年前

Wow - is that the same garden ? It looks fabulous. What was the cost?

The Garden Artist LLCさんはAngel 18432さんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Ancient Stone
    6年前

Gorgeous!

The Garden Artist LLCさんはAncient Stoneさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    The Garden Artist LLC
    質問の投稿者
    6年前

@Angel 18432 Thank you so much! It is indeed the same garden and backyard. The cost of improvements in this backyard was around $65,000. That includes irrigation, a waterfall, a new concrete patio for dining, chip rock paths, as well as all of the stone, Feng Shui influenced gardens, and plantings seen in the pictures.

• PRO
    Southwest Boulder & Stone
    6年前

Stunning! You did some incredible work. We love seeing stone in Japanese zen gardens - we work with a great garden designer in San Diego and love seeing what he creates as well. Here are his tips for doing one in SoCal for anyone interested: https://www.southwestboulder.com/blog/how-to-make-a-japanese-zen-garden-in-southern-california

The Garden Artist LLCさんはSouthwest Boulder & Stoneさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Seating Innovations
    6年前

This garden transformation is incredible. Well done The Garden Artist LLC- you are gifted! I would love to spend time in this place of peace and beauty- it would cleanse my soul!!!

The Garden Artist LLCさんはSeating Innovationsさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    J Design Group - Interior Designers Miami - Modern
    6年前

Beautiful garden, amazing transformation!!

J Design Group | Interior Design company in Miami, FL
    225 Malaga Ave
    Coral Gables, FL 33134
    Ph: 305-444-4611
    https://www.JDesignGroup.com

The Garden Artist LLCさんはJ Design Group - Interior Designers Miami - Modernさんにお礼を言いました
PR