Houzz Logo Print
annberinger

I am looking for a rug for my dining room!! Help!!

I have been searching for the right rug to go in my very open dining room!! I can change the wall color but would like to keep the drapes! Don't want it to be too matchy matchy!! The one I have there is not terrible, it is from my old home, but now I want something less traditional.

コメント (16)

• acm
    6年前

The rug you have is nice, but it sort of disappears into the floor (not to mention the walls). I'd look for something lighter and/or with colors tht bring something different to the room.

annberingerさんはacmさんにお礼を言いました
  • ilovecomputers
    6年前

Would either of these work? I believe blue and orange are complimentary colors and would work well together.

• annberinger
    質問の投稿者
    6年前

The first is a bit too contemporary for me and my house and the second a bit too bright maybe:) Thanks!

• maree85
    6年前

Something that's ties in the blue color in your living room would be nice.

annberingerさんはmaree85さんにお礼を言いました
  • amykath
    6年前

I like Mary's choice. You have a gorgeous home!

annberingerさんはamykathさんにお礼を言いました
  • ilovecomputers
    6年前

I'm beginning to think I'm color blind. I posted on another person's conversation about their lovely green room and was told the room is blue. I thought the walls in this room were kind of a pumpkin color, but I see someone else says the walls are red.

annberingerさんはilovecomputersさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Color Zen
    6年前
    最終更新:6年前

I would paint the walls warm white or pale blue/green & replace the chandelier with maybe a shell capiz fixture & I think the room would freshen up amazingly! Love the rug :)

• busymom03
    6年前

marytouchingthepast - that rug is perfect for one of the rooms I am redoing! Could you post a link to where you found it?

annberingerさんはbusymom03さんにお礼を言いました
  • Maureen
    6年前

Since you are willing to paint, I would consider the color that is in the background in your beautiful drapes, as the dark walls make it feel cave like, your lovely wood is not noticed and if the walls are lighter, the windows and view may take more prominence. In regards to a rug...I think an overdyed raspberry colored rug would feel traditional, yet modern and also elegant. Room is not quite what I described but may give you a feel for the look with lighter walls and an overdyed rug.

• Olychick
    6年前

I would probably look for a lighter rug, with some of the tones/colors in your adjacent floor. Right now, about all my eye is drawn to is the brightness of the tile and the dining room kind of fades into the background. So if you painted the walls, something like what Mary posted might work really well to accomplish that, if it would look good with your draperies.

Maybe not these exact rugs, but with similar colors:

annberingerさんはOlychickさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Loominology
    6年前

I would recommend a Turkish Vintage patchwork rug 8x10 to match with your chairs and tile flooring.

• jjam
    6年前

I also think the rug you have is lovely and probably very good quality. Replacing it with a comparable one would be very expensive. Paint, on the other hand, is cheap and pretty easy to apply. Wonder what walls in a light blue/green; similar tot he background in Mary's rug, would look like? If you download your photo to the sherwin williams color visualizer, you can "paint" your walls online and get an idea of how it would work.

annberingerさんはjjamさんにお礼を言いました
  • annberinger
    質問の投稿者
    6年前

Thank you all for your suggestions!! Honestly we've had the rug for probably 20 years so I can't remember where we purchased it, but the pattern is a pretty traditional oriental with a center medallion. I am thinking I will paint the room first and then see how the rug feels in it!! You are all so nice to help!!

• Liz H
    6年前
    I agree with everyone who says paint the room, keep the rug. A cheap rug would never have lasted 20 years, so I imagine yours is of excellent quality. It certainly is beautiful.
    annberingerさんはLiz Hさんにお礼を言いました
PR