Houzz Logo Print
blfisher78

Too big? Pendant Lights

Brent
6年前
最終更新:6年前

Purchased the ‘20w Millennium pendant lights and went with the large since oversized is in style.

These things are huge. They were recommended because I have an 8ft island. They look fine if you look straight on but in my opinion, they look too big when looking at them from an angle. Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

コメント (30)

• hatetoshop
    6年前

Yes, too big.

• PRO
    Nanke Signature Group
    6年前

Beautiful kitchen! The scale of the light fixtures could improve; they are a little big over the island. The good news is, the visual weight of them works in your space; they don't feel too heavy. Consider using one centered above the island as opposed to 2 of them. Good luck with your project!

• Tina
    6年前
    最終更新:6年前

My first thought is that they look a bit too big like in this photo;

I would suggest you go with a size like this instead;

• acm
    6年前

I agree -- ok from straight, way too much from the side. I'd get a smaller version, rather than reducing to one. Nice kitchen!

• Porter Edun
    6年前

I love the lights. You might look for a size such at 15" or so. You want about 30" between the two and no less 6" from each side of the island (left and right). The lights style is perfect for your space. Darlana by Visual Comforts comes in several metal tones and I believe 5 sizes. Good luck!

• melissaplanb
    6年前

NOT too big ...they are "light" and airy looking

• PRO
    Seldens Furniture
    6年前

Great looks so far! I agree that those are a little big. These are the sizes that would probably look best with your size island. Good luck!

[Crystorama Sylvan 4-Light Chandelier, Small, Polished Nickel[(https://www.houzz.com/products/crystorama-sylvan-4-light-chandelier-small-polished-nickel-prvw-vr~40364680)

[Capital Lighting Midtown Square Foyer Fixture, Large, Polished Nickel[(https://www.houzz.com/products/capital-lighting-midtown-square-foyer-fixture-large-polished-nickel-prvw-vr~22713827)

[Capital Lighting 4036PN Stanton 3 Light Foyer Pendant, Polished Nickel[(https://www.houzz.com/products/capital-lighting-4036pn-stanton-3-light-foyer-pendant-polished-nickel-prvw-vr~22533644)

• Porter Edun
    6年前

When doing two lights and when it's a lantern they have next to nil obstruction so you can go a bit larger with them. I do prefer a bit larger in the style when doing only 2. You just need to be sure there is enough space between the two is all.

Not sure how high your ceiling is, yet that makes a difference too with the size of the light. Think about sight lines into and out of the kitchen. You may need to adjust the height of the pendant lighting to insure that you are not obstructing sight lines. On an 8 foot ceiling with a larger pendant that could be a bit more difficult. Some things to consider. With a 10 foot ceiling it's a bit easier to go a bit oversized.

BrentさんはPorter Edunさんにお礼を言いました
  • Stacey
    6年前
    I would go next size down
  • strategery
    6年前

Too big.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    6年前
    They design of these is narrow and open. I like the size. I wouldn’t go too small. Surely wouldn’t do just one. Don’t judge til you hold them up. It will change your view.
  • Brent
    質問の投稿者
    6年前

Thanks Flo. I'm going to try them. Since they are open I think they'll look great if they are a little further apart then I have them in the pic

• User
    6年前
    off topic - I like your countertops and backsplash! could you please advise your sources for them?
    I also like the pendants lol
  • stephanied0wns
    6年前

When in doubt go big! Like everyone else has said, they are open an airy. I think they’re perfect!

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    6年前
    My English was terrible but I think they will look beautiful. Looking forward to seeing them in your beautiful kitchen!
  • PRO
    Gray & Walter, Ltd.
    6年前

Have two people hold both of the lanterns up for you to look at simultaneously. It's quite dangerous trying to do this without professional help. I can't tell if they are correct until we draw it up for our clients. The lanterns if they are truly 2'0" wide should work, but they look bigger than that sitting on the counter. Scale is everything, that's how I make my living. Good luck to you, I hope it all turns out exactly the way you've always wanted!

• PRO
    Courtney Thomas Design
    6年前

Here is one of our kitchen designs with lanterns similar to yours. Perhaps seeing our design will aid you in your dilemma.

• Porter Edun
    6年前

Fantastic... I love them!

• Angel 18432
    6年前

Lovely, but when i look at them my eye is drawn to the black at the ceiling. Could it be changed.

• PRO
    KB Design +
    6年前

Great! So glad you kept them. Being as transparent as they are - there is no visual weiggt in them. And the scale works.

• richardcsims
    5年前

I think they look great! We're actually building a home and looking at using the exact same lights (same size and brand) over our island. Ours is 11 ft long with 12ft ceilings. Would you mind telling me what color you went with? Is that the silver or the gold? We're thinking of going with the bronze.

• Tiffany Leader
    5年前

The lights do look good.

• Blake Roberts
    5年前

They look like the perfect size, good choice!

• PRO
    Hammers & Heels
    5年前

We are big fans of oversized lights :)

• just_terrilynn
    5年前

Lights always look too big till you get them up...they shrink.

• Na Mi
    3年前

Hi Brent, love the pendants. Could you also please share how high are your ceilings? Are these 20” wide pendants on an 8ft island ?

• traceym37
    3年前

This was so helpful. Yours look perfect as they are. I’m in a similar dilemma; this convinced me, go big or go home! Ive got 9’ ceilings and an 8‘6” island. I went with bronze aviary lanterns (no glass to dust!) and the lightness works despite the larger size. hubby held them up so I could see them in place, more or less. Before taking this step I thought they were too large. Don’t mind the old stools and yet-to-be refinished floors! It’s a work in progress.

• Angel 18432
    3年前

Tracey

Did you intend to post a pic?

• sgharaybeh
    2か月前

What do you think of these

PR