Houzz Logo Print
my_astrid

Bathroom in need of an update! Budget ideas needed.

my_astrid
6年前
最終更新:6年前

I can only do little things to this bathroom..... What is a way to achieve the freshest look with little effort? (= I cannot afford to retile at the moment) All advice appreciated!

コメント (23)

• Quie Morrison
    6年前
    Wow! I have the blue version of your bathroom. We hung a picture in ours to make it feel a little less old. We painted but I think antique white was not the best white. We had the whole house painted that when we moved in. Otherwise, room freshener helped a lot. If it smelt fresh it felt fresh. Will you install blinds?
  • Julie Herbert
    6年前
    Lovely big fluffy towels, some gorgeous soap and scented candle, a great plant, a new white blind and you could have a really cool bathroom
  • girlguides
    6年前
    I actually really like apricot wall tiles they look in really good nick and good height not so keen on floor tiles or tiles with soap dishes but as said above first thing that hits you is the curtain - I’d lose it! Go white blind or shutters Then I’d either replace or if too difficult paint just the soap dishes as their apricot colour clashes with tiles - just paint white Similarly towel rail ends
  • annb1997
    6年前

The tiles could be painted a bright white, perhaps, and a rug on the floor. Like the idea of plants and a blind for window.

my_astridさんはannb1997さんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Cath Tonkin Interiors
    6年前

replace the lace curtain and update the bath tapware and towel rail. You could look at spraying the tiles and bath to create an all white bathroom, then add a new shower curtain and towels in your favourite colour.

my_astridさんはCath Tonkin Interiorsさんにお礼を言いました
  • my_astrid
    質問の投稿者
    6年前

All white would be phenomenal. Will I be able to do this successfully? Yes..... farewell to lace curtain.

• my_astrid
    質問の投稿者
    6年前

That is a life changing comment. I can’t tell you how many houses I walked away from because of horrible bathrooms and not seeing the funds for renovation while buying!

• PRO
    Cath Tonkin Interiors
    6年前
    I recommend you employ professionals to spray the tiles and tub. Not a DIY thing !
    my_astridさんはCath Tonkin Interiorsさんにお礼を言いました
  • my_astrid
    質問の投稿者
    6年前

Aha

• Dawn Park
    6年前
    I would have it all stayed white but not a strong white buy a panel from Bunnings decorative its made out of felt rubber put ova shore screen then use the colour of screen as your assories colour if window is non see through leave without anything or invest in pvc Venetian so cheap maybe in black too match deco screen or white
  • 0411ann
    6年前
    I had a grey version of this bathroom. The tiles had bevilled edges so we regrouted white on top of existing grout to get rid of the bevel. That provided more white and less grey and gave the space a graphic look. Then replaced curtains with venetian blind.
  • Felicity Calvert
    6年前
    Resurfacing of bath, wall and floor tiles can be done at very little cost and looks amazing. I have done it for many of my clients. Before and after of recent job.
    Felicity Property Projects
  • Felicity Calvert
    6年前
    Second (after) photo has timber supporting newly placed mirror, they were removed!!
  • annb1997
    6年前

That update has really freshened and lightened up the bathroom, Felicity!

• berbieharmsen
    6年前

Spraying the bath only will cost you from $300-$500 but will make a big difference. Budget means different things to different people, so it is hard to know how much you want to spend. It will be over $100 dollars for the the taps over the bath and even the fluffy towels will cost you. Luckily blinds are cheap and that will make a big difference. Unfortunately the floor is the main downfall, so a couple of fluffy washable bathmats as well might help and a plant in a white pot. I think it will turn out very acceptable.

• girlguides
    6年前
    Felicity Calvert that floor change from just spraying is amazing
  • Michael Burrows
    6年前

Replace shower screen with modern glass, full length mirror, refresh taps and other fittings, bench seat and wall fixtures/shelving in shower recess.....break the existing decor with other feature eg, stain glass window and/or mural/s.......alternatively if room is still functional save pennies and spend on 10-20year makeover.....close off window add skylight, place spa bath along existing window wall or twin showers, modern tiles, niche, shelves, bench/seating.....comfort.....good luck!

• PRO
    Cipriano Italian Home Design
    6年前

Hello!

Lovely space, I have a huge soft spot for these bathrooms. To honour what it is, but make it more enjoyable for your uses PLANTS PLANTS PLANTS. I would either install some shelving to have some dangling vines (or equivalent look) plants up high, or use a hanging fixture into the ceiling. That far corner above the bath would be great. + A large (and tall) pot plant and some smaller ones wherever you can fit them.

On top of this, I would replace the doily curtain to a more modern look, perhaps white, wooden blinds?

If you can do further work from here, it would be accessories, like the towel rail, and tap ware. Something a little Art Deco for your taps would look amazing.

Finish with large, fluffy white towels and bathmats to conceal as much of the colour as possible and brighten the space and a big candle or three, maybe a white stool or ladder too.

• Jasmine
    6年前

A lovely bright bathroom. I would get a pro to paint the tiles white. It will make a huge difference, and then you can style to your taste. The tiles look like they are in good condition, but any that aren't, a pro can repair prior to painting. I have had my kitchen done by a pro prior to selling and it made such a difference, the kitchen looked almost new, fresh and modern. A very worthwhile expense. I have no idea what your budget is, but something to consider if you can afford it. I think it is great to update original features if possible. Good luck. Share your updated photos when you can.

• Toni
    6年前
    I also needed to upgrade on a low budget. I chose Thermoglaze to redo all the tiles and tub in white. You can choose whatever colour you want.
    It costs a fraction of the cost of tiling and comes with a lifetime warranty.
    I did research on Thermoglaze they recoated all the spas at the Crown Burswood.
  • jollyval80
    6年前
    最終更新:6年前

I had my original bath sprayed by a professional and lasted over 10years. It was still in good condition however had to remove it as I had a fall when getting out of bath now I have a long shower room in place of it. Please use professionals like Toni recommended.

• redstuff1770
    6年前

Hi

I am looking at similar but was very interested in Felicity's comments about resurfacing the tiles which included the floor tiles- I have been having a lot of difficulty in finding professionals who will do the floor tiles as well, lots happy to do the walls but not floor. The bathroom I want to redo is a second bathroom hardly used so dont want to spend a fortune on it- Does anyone know who will resurface spray floor tiles in Sydney??