Houzz Logo Print
jengmd

Take 2: window cover help!

jengmd
10年前
Any suggestions on window cover in our den. The bright light is glaring when we watch tv. This is our den/family room. The room has 4 other windows with blind covers.

コメント (22)

• felixgrantham
    10年前
    You could get blinds to match your other blinds. In the corners, do fixed "fans" out of the same material. If you want to keep the windows covered all the time, you could put lined panels over the corner lights and side windows. Or, if you want to fool w/ opening & closing drapers, you could hang them out beside the windows.
  • Brenda
    10年前
    I really like your windows without any coverings on them ... any opportunity for adding an arbor over the windows on the outside? -- if built right, they act as almost an awning

[houzz=
    Exterior · 詳細
    ]
  • PRO
    SOLARIS
    10年前
    I am guessing you want some glare reduction particularly on those uppers. Something like our Vista V18 Celeste product seen here with 80% glare reduction, 71% heat rejection and still a clear view to the outside world.
  • PRO
    Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
    10年前
    I would do 4 wood blinds, mounted on the wall above the windows. I'm not fond of fan shaped shades, so I would just have 4 straight blinds running down over the 2 two center windows and the two outer sets of 2 windows.
  • patty947
    10年前
    After looking at the Solaris site, I think the film might be perfectly suited for your needs. I would try that first. If you want more privacy, you could put blinds on your lower side windows. You have such a beautiful window, it would be a shame to cover the whole thing with draperies.
  • PRO
    10年前
    It's certainly worth giving that a try!
  • jengmd
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    thanks, definitely will consider these options.
  • laurazzz
    10年前
    How about shutters? I have them in my home, and they aren't a hassle to shut! You might not be able to put shutters on the side tops, where its shaped differently. Having these will be helpful, because you can still have those beautiful windows contain their shape!
  • PRO
    JMittman Designs
    10年前
    I agree with not using curtains--window is beautiful and unusual. Try the film first. If you do blinds to match the others, I would do the fans to cover the curved portion--will be expensive--but you only need to spend that money once. :)
  • PRO
    Creative Blinds & Decor
    10年前
    Your main concern is the glare and unless you want and need privacy I would definitely go with the window film, a ceramic based..
  • Sandy
    10年前
    I used a titanium film on my windows as I do NOT like drapes (allergies). It cuts down the light and glare not to mention reduces the heat gain. I had the shutters on the interior before and just loved them, but in my country house, the amazing views I have I didn't want to block with shutters.
  • jengmd
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    i love shutters too but it is really pricey. i will look into these window films.
  • Sandy
    10年前
    I get mine off an ebay listing ynil_windowtint_supply. I've dealt with them several times, always prompt and exactly what I ordered. You need the width of the widest window, add up all the lengths as it is less expensive to order a longer roll than two shorter rolls. Are the dividers inside the glass? For sizeable windows, two people make the job easier but since you look to have panes, you might could piece them one at a time. Really clean the windows first, inside and out, and be sure you wash your hands prior to installing the films. I had a friend that stopped in the middle to have lunch, had grease on his hands and somehow transferred it to the windows or films. They provide the instructions to install it. Much less expensive than getting it at Home Depot or Lowe's, American made.
  • PRO
    10年前
    I hope you'll get a professional to supply and install the film.
  • daylightca
    10年前
    What is the exposure?
  • patty947
    10年前
    If you go with the film, I would also recommend checking out Solaris who gave you a comment here. I checked the site, but didn't check for prices. I also recommend going with a professional installation on your windows as they are unusually shaped. It may be spendier up front, but should last forever.
  • Emily Gutz
    10年前
    I would do a long rod across the entire top and panels outside the windows to frame them. Only close them when you need to and keep them open the rest of the time becuase they are really pretty.
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    10年前
    I agree only panels on ends of all windows. Try a print with a color. Orange, or turquoise . Put same color on pillows. Add end tables and lamps end of sofa. Add a bamboo tree on each side of TV. Ikea has good price.
  • PRO
    SOLARIS
    10年前
    I would guessing the area of $300-$500 for film installed on all of the windows shown depending upon which product you would choose. Visit www.vista-films.com to find a professional near you.

DIY films lack the clarity and performance of our newer professional grade products. Some people are capable of getting a clean install by watching a video, I have yet to see a homeowner do it, particularly on rounded windows. You can pick up DIY film cheap, buy some tools, waste an afternoon to not be happy with the end product. Remember, you want to look through your windows and you only get one chance on a clean install. Even with more than a decade installing film, I still make a mistake here and there requiring a redo before we say the work is done. I don't wish that first time experience on anyone! Best of luck.
  • PRO
    Creative Blinds & Decor
    10年前
    I agree, a professional window film provider and their quality film is the only way to proceed
  • PRO
    Pleotint LLC
    9年前
    Have you found a solution to your heat and glare problem?