Houzz Logo Print
busymom03

Living room fabric help

busymom03
6年前
I am redecorating my living room and am indecisive on which fabrics to use. I am certain I wNt to use the Chiang Mai in alabaster for accent pillows, along with some corals and navy/indigo. Would this combination work. Or could you suggest something better?

For the chairs I am thinking of using Meander in Indigo, and the Taplow in indigo for the drapes (both are threads by Lee Jofa). I am thinking of doing just a neutral cream/winter white for the sofa. Thoughts?

コメント (14)

• PRO
    JudyG Designs
    6年前

Not seeing white or navy with the pillow fabric.

Gray sofa? More Art Deco fabrics that are just as bold as the Chiang Mai.

That said, I don’t see any of the Art Deco theme with your dining room furniture or your print under glass (which you might consider removing, as all the light is reflecting on the glass).

• jbtanyderi
    6年前
    The fireplace is badly proportioned: the bulky upper part is too tall. Art is much too high. Cushions - if any - should be the absolute last thing to think about. Start with a generous rug to anchor the space, then pick up colours from it.
  • busymom03
    質問の投稿者
    6年前

Yes - the print is definitely being removed. Unfortunately - the dining set is a family piece - so painting chairs not an option but will update the upholstery on them.

jbtanyderi - there is no option to change the fireplace. i am just changing furniture/drapes - major renovations are not an option - and with the 18 feet ceilings not sure how the art is too tall (it is only 10 inches off of the top of the mantle). That is moot though - since it will be replaced once furniture / drapes are selected.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    6年前
    With your Asian theme, for not too much expense, your could do a wallpaper Chinoiserie with a nice narrow perhaps black or gold frame for over the fireplace. You could make the size perfect to balance the somewhat top heavy fireplace. Then do layers of off whites for your upholstered pieces and punch up with your favorite fabrics. I will post some Chinoiserie concepts for you. That also wouldn't cause reflection from your high windows. Bbl.
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    6年前

You can pick any Chinoiserie you like and coordinate it with your Chiang Mai fabric for a wonderful "collected" look. You could also get Chair Back covers done for your Hepplewhite chairs to lighten the look of your room. I would decide on the main upholstery fabrics first because they are hardest to coordinate up with your other items. Be careful of mixing pure whites and creams that can be tricky. Use bold piping trim for punching up colors you want rather than adding fabric prints.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    6年前

I think creams, navy and your corals could work together nicely, but whites would take you in a more "coastal" direction.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    6年前

Another big consideration is the carpeting which I trust will either be replaced with new or continue wood into the space and add rugs? If that is contemplated, all these elements need to work together nicely. So, make up a Master Plan and then work the elements as you can afford them, but in the end, everything will look cohesive.

• busymom03
    質問の投稿者
    6年前

Flo Mangan - Thank you. Yes - the carpet is being replaced - however since the wood floor has been discontinued we will most likely end up just replacing with another neutral carpet that can be carried through the entire house. I had considered mixing a different wood in that room with either a diagonal or herringbone pattern - but same color for flow - but I think it may end up looking weird.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    6年前
    Actually you could do a border in wood and then do herringbone in center for a coordinated look but distinguishing your living and dining room from other floor. However, that would cost quite a bit more than new carpeting. Kind of depends on your budget overall. You might consider doing half in the wood. The dining space. But your budget will drive your decision.
  • Carol Mullane
    6年前
    Is there another place in your home for the piano? The seating area looks a bit cramped.
  • PRO
    l'Opificio
    6年前

If
    you need some inspiration, we invite you to visit the page dedicated
    to our lovely textile creations at the link below:

http://shop.lopificio.it/en/?___from_store=it

Discover
    more about l'Opificio through our website http://lopificio.it/en/,

and
    if you need any further information, don't hesitate to contact us at
    this email address export@lopificio.it

-l'Opificio
    Staff

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    6年前
    I was wondering about your space over the last several hours and wondering if there would be merit in reversing the living room and the dining room. If you would give me measurements of the whole space, width and length of table, width and depth of piano I could do some scale layouts that could present some great alternatives for you.
  • busymom03
    質問の投稿者
    6年前

i would love to swap the dining /living -but unfortunately that is the only working Fireplace - and we love to sit there in the cooler months and hang out. :( I wanted to relocate the piano but there is no space that will fit it. I thought I had room in my family room - but it was 2 inches too small. Getting rid of it isn't an option, since it is used daily. I think I have realized that sometimes good memories and family experiences have to outweigh good design. I am thinking if I can find a slightly smaller couch or smaller scale chairs it might open up the space a little more - but I am still stuck with the fabrics then. I thought I was set until this thread - so back to the drawing board.