Need some help.

コメント (13)

• 6年前
    What do u want to do with this yard?
  • 6年前

Budget is $500, $1000, other?

• PRO
    6年前

I love Wyman Lane Interiors idea of adding a pop of color to this yard. Depending on your budget I definitely recommend adding pottery to this design. I feel that two pottery bowls in the entryway would look amazing and add an elegant touch to this yard. I also love the idea of adding tile to the steps. I will attach pictures of designs featuring our pottery and here's a link to our website to get more design inspiration. Have fun designing!

Samuel LynonさんはEye of the Dayさんにお礼を言いました
  • 6年前

My budget would be around $600 and at worst $1000. Im looking to dress up the front without breaking the bank.

• 6年前

Not a disaster but the grass itself looks like it could use some help. Is it dry there, or poor soil? That could use a good rake out, more soil and seed. They have lots of seed pre-mixed to function like hydroseeding, giving your seed a better chance to grow. Definitely ditch the overgrown shrub and add perennials! A few bushes for structure/height and then some flowers and plants. Always plant in odd-numbered groups. Mix foliage types as well as bloom times and colors. I like to choose a palette of all brights or all pastels or all one color. I think you lose the effect of the look when it's all mixed up. With your white house, I would pick brights with lots of interesting dark foliage.

There are lots of online plant nurseries where you can select plants based on your hardiness zone, soil type, sun/shade situation, etc. For the to-do-later list, I would consider pulling out the walkway and putting in a paver walk with a small sitting area to the side where you could put a bistro table/chair set. Run it all the way to the garage as the small section of dirt near the garage is too narrow/odd shaped to do much with. Have fun!

Samuel Lynonさんはmnmamax3さんにお礼を言いました
  • 6年前

We are in southern Alabama. Its generally hot or warm most of the year. As for the soil, we tend to have red clay in most areas. Im also dealing with a massive oak tree destroying my driveway and a soil erosion/drainage issue.

• 6年前

its all about finding the right plants for your space. There are lots of drought and heat tolerant plants out there. Just a matter of finding the ones that will work with your soil type. Rainwater gardens might help you keep your plants happy and help with your drainage/erosion problem. In MN we have resources through our county to help plan rainwater gardens (as it's an environmentally friendly water-saving measure). Depending on how you use your front yard (like do the kids use it for playing ball,etc) you might consider using large swaths of groundcovers to keep moisture in your soil. Check with your local nursery to choose ones that don't get too invasive.

• 6年前

I wouldn't remove the shrubs in front of the window. They'll be expensive to replace. Find out what they are by taking some detailed pictures, and a sprig of foliage, to a local garden centre. Then search google for "how to prune XXX". Prune them down to a foot below the bottom of the window. Also prune them so they are rounded at the side by the porch, not wider at the top.

Your front steps look very steep. Are they to code? I hope there is a railing that we can't see in the photo.

• 6年前
    I'm really intrigued with the idea of a seating area, flowers and pathway near the front porch. I was planning to replace the porch soon, but started thinking about doing more. Do you have any ideas to expand the area in a way that fits the house?
  • 6年前
    Big eyesore in my yard.
  • 6年前
    Need a new plan for the left the driveway.
  • 6年前

Could you take a picture of the whole house from the front hard to gauge what is where. Thanks!