Houzz Logo Print
evac1426

Need help completing this room!

I've recently converted this previous formal dining room into a casual living space. Can someone recommend a nice patterned or leather smaller ottoman (the one in the pics is old) and possibly a table for the corner? Also would you recommend keeping the windows clean with no curtains? I am also in need of some type of art work for the large bare walls - any suggestions would be great appreciated!

コメント (18)

• amykath
    6年前

What colors migh you like for an ottoman?

angela franzさんはamykathさんにお礼を言いました
  • angela franz
    質問の投稿者
    6年前

I was thinking dark brown leather or possibly neutrals with a pattern?

• anne dee
    6年前

a few inspiration pics for ideas for yr space

If you don't mind my saying i would remove the hanging fixture or replace it with one more in keeping with the decor of the room.

I also prefer the rug design and size in the above pics or no rug at all.

angela franzさんはanne deeさんにお礼を言いました
  • Yayagal
    6年前

Here's a whole page of ottomans, scan up and down. See if you can find one you like. footstool

angela franzさんはYayagalさんにお礼を言いました
  • deegw
    6年前
    最終更新:6年前

Your room has great architecture and your furniture is nice. You just need to add some personality.

Is there a reason why you don't want curtains? Curtain panels can add a nice layer of color and texture and often make a room look more finished.

Your current rug is a bit small and seems too casual for your furniture. A subtle pattern would look great. I would suggest a larger rug and lamps for your side tables or some floor lamps.

angela franzさんはdeegwさんにお礼を言いました
  • deeinohio
    6年前

I think a leather animal print would look great.

angela franzさんはdeeinohioさんにお礼を言いました
  • amykath
    6年前

Are there any colors you are drawn to?

• amykath
    6年前

Here are a couple of rooms from which you might find inspiration.

• PRO
    Smellink Interiors
    6年前

I would choose 2 small tables that you can add anywhere

angela franzさんはSmellink Interiorsさんにお礼を言いました
  • kulrn
    6年前

angela franzさんはkulrnさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    6年前

I love the idea of making your spaces work for your lifestyle. Your room is pretty small and the sofa is pretty large and your chair is large, so this is creating a bit of a problem. You might have been better doing a couple comfy chairs and an ottoman instead of the large sofa. Is the sofa staying? If so, you need a larger rug to "ground" your space. I would look for a combination ottoman/coffee table arrangement so you have the best of both worlds. Here is one to give you the "concept".

These come in a variety of styles and shapes. Look for ottoman/bench/coffee table in key words.

angela franzさんはFlo Manganさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    6年前

As to your windows, if you don't want to do drapery, simple woven roman shades would be very nice and provide privacy and some light. Another alternative is "solar shades". You can see through these nicely yet they bring some light through. Some protection for your floors and furniture.

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    6年前

I'd want to go with tufted to add a bit of texture to your very nice,but neutral room. Here are two from Joss & Main
    https://www.jossandmain.com/Randy-Tufted-Ottoman-WRLO8663.html

'Randy' comes in natural or charcoal -

Or Colton, which comes only in this leather - HERE

angela franzさんはMy3dogs ME zone 5Aさんにお礼を言いました
  • amykath
    6年前

I would do two end tables with matching lamps. You have a lovely space!

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    6年前
    Angela- groveraxle gave you a great option and her is a more monochromatic option for your room.
  • PRO
    Nandina Home & Design
    6年前

Are you able to get a new chandelier for the room? That would be very nice to see.

• powermuffin
    6年前

I like the size and shape of the ottoman that Flo posted above. It mimics the sofa shape without adding too much volume to your space.

PR