Houzz Logo Print
tora100

Is a 11 foot by 12 foot bedroom small?

Harri
6年前
We are currently designing a new build and our master bed is 17 ft by 13.5 ft (master also has a walk in wardrobe and ensuite separate to this). We also have two bedrooms which are 11 ft by 12 ft each. Are they decent sizes? We've had some suggestions that they should be bigger as it's easier to add the extra footage at design stage but I thought they were ok size wise. Our current master bedroom in our existing house is 10 by 11 foot and it has wardrobes in the room so these measurements seem decent to me. What do you all think?

コメント (2)

• nasmijati
    6年前
    I personally think 11x12 feet (not including closet space), is a good size for a bedroom for one person in a single family house in the US.

Be aware that bedrooms are often smaller than this in older US homes and some other countries such as the UK, and some do not have built-in clothing storage.

If you plan on having two or more children sleeping in the space, you might want a larger room OR smaller sleeping places so each person has a private space. A large room for a playroom/study room would be good hold non-sleeping materials and activities.

As is always suggested when in the initial design stage, pay attention to how you want to USE the space, not just square feet. Build what works for you and your family rather than building for "resale."
  • PRO
    Fawn Interiors Studio
    6年前

When designing bedrooms, it's always better to allow for a double bed, double wardrobe and chest of drawers. Then the room will always be a double on your particulars and you know you'll be able to adapt it to any need. Those sizes are probably ok for children and spare rooms but will seem even smaller compared to the master (which seems very spacious). It's all about the overall proportions and balance of the house.