コメント (14)

• Samantha Radcliff
    質問の投稿者
    6年前
    better view of the stone
  • Brian Edward
    6年前

depends on your budget...

you need landscaping, a clean up of all clutter around and on porch and a defined drive even if dirt or gravel. You need to decide if you're going to paint, stain or cover the wood siding on porch. Same with old door.

• Samantha Radcliff
    質問の投稿者
    6年前
    pretty good budget. just bought the house, my husband does stamped concrete and will be putting in a stamped driveway that curves.

the house itself is just so plain and blends together, cant decide to paint stain etc and what to do with garage doors or any other ideas
  • Samantha Radcliff
    質問の投稿者
    6年前
    all of the clutter is gone, these are pics from when we did inspections
  • Samantha Radcliff
    質問の投稿者
    6年前
    I agree, I am wanting to lighten it up! was curious to see what others would do if they were me.

i have considered painting inside the porch, staining a different color, adding stone to base of the porch columns, thought about adding shutters, just not sure what colors to do the front porch, columns, garage doors etc.
  • Samantha Radcliff
    質問の投稿者
    6年前
    also not sure what color to repaint all the windows
  • chickadee70
    6年前

You have a very nice cottage home. I would paint a lighter color for the porch, a true cottage type color will transform it! Love the beadboard wood siding with stone!

• emmarene9
    6年前

It occurs to me that one reason the porch is so dark is that the ceiling is brown. I really don't like the dark fascia with such a light roof. It occurs to me that you will need to prime the wood before you can paint it so I think you should do a patch of primer near the door and also the side perpendicular to the door. That way you could sample paint colors or at least tack up paint samples.

This was the best I could do with the picture you provided. It is supposed to be a light tan but they were all coming out pinkish or yellow.

Were you hoping for a color other than brown?

I think you should post a cleaned up picture to more comments.

Do you already know how the path will meet the driveway? If not I think you would benefit from posting on the Landscaping Forum. Even if you do know it could be helpful.

• emmarene9
    6年前

This is sort of khaki. It might work but not with that window color. Are you replacing the windows or painting the windows.

• dover P
    6年前

1ST give the stone a good pressure washing

You could do a creamy trim, paint the porch the color of the siding and so on

Here you could to the trim, windows and columns the lie color something like SW pavestone then the darker color could be used inside the porch and used on some shaker style shutters for the outer windows.

• dover P
    6年前

This light from livex

• PRO
    Southwest Boulder & Stone
    6年前

Agree with Dover - a pressure washing on the stone will help. We can also imagine a gently curving pathway around to the front door. There are a lot of different options for that, from gravel or decomposed granite, to flagstones or pavers. Your home has a lot of potential!

• Samantha Radcliff
    質問の投稿者
    6年前
    what color would you all paint the windows? i LOVE black exterior windows, but not sure on this house. i have considered painting the porch alabaster, refinishing the cedar posts, widening and adding the same stone to bottom of posts and painting windows black..thoughts?