Houzz Logo Print
marinamcclelland

Weather Shield Windows

We live in Washington DC. We are building a home. I would like to know what people think about Weather Shield windows. I am particularly interested in the contemporary series.

コメント (4)

• PRO
    Windows on Washington Ltd
    6年前

I don't have any current experience with them, but there is a regular poster on here that works with them quite a bit and is in the DC area for that matter. I will ping him to have him come by and weigh in.

• PRO
    DDS Design Services, LLC by Jeff Kida
    6年前

Stick with Marvin you won't be disappointed. Their Integrity line is a very good value. Having said that, don't underestimate the value proper installation. Make sure the Manufacturer's instructions are followed or it really won't matter who's product you use.

• PRO
    Tower Windows & Doors
    6年前

I have used the contemporary collection line with Weather Shield on at least 5 homes this past year. I carry 5 other manufacturers, and I must say the Weather Shield Contemporary line is pound for pound the best contemporary window and door on the market.

• Jeanine Evans
    5年前

We purchased a Crestline/WeatherShield window from Menards. The seal between the panes of glass began to leak and there was fogging and discoloration between the glass. Then, the window crank mechanism broke and the window has been stuck shut for six months now. We submitted a warranty claim and they gave us quote for a discount on a new pane of glass and a new mechanism….not a new window, just the parts…that we would have to install ourselves. We were hoping to buy a new replacement window at a discounted price, but were told that was not an option. We paid for a replacement window crank and were told that we’d have to pick it up at the Menards at which we bought the window. Shipping to our house would be $100 extra! Not a big deal to pick it up at the store, but $100 is an exorbitant price to pay to have a small repair piece mailed to our house. When we inquired about how we would be notified when the window crank had arrived, they said that we will not be notified and will have to periodically call the Menards to where the part is being shipped. All of this business was conducted after multiple phone transfers to multiple departments. The system was completely inefficient and maddening and the overall level of coverage offered by the warranty was weak, at best. We will keep living with our clouded-over window, if we can manage to get it out of the opening and replace the broken latch handle. We absolutely cannot and will not recommend purchasing Crestline/Weather Shield windows.

PR