Houzz Logo Print
karinanjfl

Lost on what to do here

K L
6年前
Previous owners had a tv in the middle of this. This room has no furniture in it. Totally lost on how to decorate it - please help!

コメント (15)

• grapefruit1_ar
    6年前

Is that unit built-in? Do you like it? I would most likely remove it and replace it with free-standing furniture. If you want to use it you could paint it or stain it. From the picture it looks like it is not a quality finish. So, you will have to decide what your preference is.

• PRO
    Style My Space
    6年前
    最終更新:6年前

You could place a piece of art or mirror if you are keeping all the cabinets?
    Make it a focal point and then add decor on shelves beside it.

• K L
    質問の投稿者
    6年前
    I will keep it for now because it would be too complicated to remove.
  • PRO
    Style My Space
    6年前

if you are not using as a Tv room would you set it up for eating or sitting?

• simstress
    6年前
    First, need to know how you plan to use this space?
  • groveraxle
    6年前

What happens with this unit is totally dependent on what you plan to do with this space.

• 111ideahound
    6年前

Does the door bang into it? If you get a door stop or move it down some.

Need to know if this is an extra room, or a living room?

• jbtanyderi
    6年前
    It's hard to tell whether the wood is stained pine or something else. If you find it to be truly useful, paint it to match the wall. Pain the doors to match as well. The space could highlight a large photo or piece of art.
  • gustaruygers
    6年前
    It's less complicated to remove it than the beautify it. It's to large for the room as well.You will gain more options for furniture placements without it.
  • PRO
    Beth H. :
    6年前
    最終更新:6年前

"totally lost on how to decorate this room" . could you tell us what room this is and how you want to use it?

Will you be using this unit as a desk or media area? If not, it just seems like it's too big for this room. Removing it (how complicated can it be?) would open up other options for you in this room. It's not a particularly nice looking unit. At the very least, paint it.

do you need a spare bedroom? playroom? library? music room? craft room? Help us out here.

• K L
    質問の投稿者
    6年前
    I would use it at a library/office/reading room. It is next to my back deck. I was thinking of maybe adding a tufted chaise lounge or sofa.
  • Tammy Lawhorn
    6年前

A tufted cigar sofa would look nice!!

• 111ideahound
    6年前

Ok, then you will use the unit? For books?

Provide a photo please of the opposing wall to unit.

It would make a great office/desk/workroom with a view of deck where you could have potted plants.

I'd begin with a carpet. How big is this space?

You need to help us here.

• groveraxle
    6年前

Turn it into a bookcase/desk: