Houzz Logo Print
hklompmaker

Affordable bar stool help!

Heather
6年前
What type of bar stools would you guys do here? I had gotten these for free and thought about painting them, but I really don't prefer them. I have a limited budget and would need three of them. I debate about ones with backs as I love the look, but wasn't sure if something that goes under the counter is better because of the proximity to the living room. The cabinet color is iron or so it's a dark charcoal. Any thoughts would be appreciated! also please excuse the mess LOL!

コメント (16)

• Pool Habit
    6年前
    I'd do those metal ones (the French brand, I forget the name). There are knockoffs in every color on overstock, wayfair etc.
  • Kicksychick
    6年前

I would remove the stools altogether unless someone regularly sits at the counter. Otherwise, they are just visual clutter and eat up space.

• auntthelma
    6年前

Barbara, Huh??

• auntthelma
    6年前

Heather - how often and how do you use the bar seating? If often, then a back makes sense, but if only once in awhile, I like to tuck the stools away under the overhang. The backs do take up space.

Here is a compromise.

Grotto Counter Stool With Swivel in Walnut With Brown Faux Leather, Set of 2 · 詳細

• Heather
    質問の投稿者
    6年前
    Thank you for your comments everyone! We do use the stools daily, if not several times per day. Removing them is not really an option as we put a bar overhang there because we want to use it
  • Maureen
    6年前
    最終更新:6年前

Why not try milk painting them...don't have to sand and if you don't like them, nothing lost and I think it would suit your room. You could even add padding and cover.

• Kicksychick
    6年前

Auntthelma, I would trip on the stools going to/from the living room and kitchen because my family would never be disciplined enough to keep them pushed under the counter. It would drive me bonkers. That is why I suggested no stool at all, if they're seldom used. Heather, since you use them all the time, something slim and backless would be best. The metal ones suggested above are great, and here's another idea:

Satori 24" Saddle Seat Bar Stool Black · 詳細

• Melissa Gallagher
    6年前
    I love these...
    The combo of wood and black... and they can tuck under the bar...
  • PRO
    JAN MOYER
    6年前

There must be six million stools on Wayfair alone.............: )

• Lisa Lisa
    6年前
    Whichever you decide on, read the fine description. Some hold only 200 lbs some hold 400. I have some holiday family members that need the big version, and my hubby is 250 lbs....that was a consideration that helped me narrow down the stools on Wayfair.
  • kulrn
    6年前

I just got these from pottery barn. Hold my 250lb BF well!

Stratmoor Ivory Swivel Counter & Bar Stool | Pier 1 Imports · 詳細

• Melissa Gallagher
    6年前
    Do you live near any outlets like crate and barrel, Ballard designs, RH or pottery barn/ west elm? Or IKEA?

They usually have great choices and you can sit in/on them to see how they are...
  • Melissa Gallagher
    6年前
    More ideas...
  • Heather
    質問の投稿者
    6年前
    Thank you for all the ideas everyone!