Houzz Logo Print
polalk_katie_bateman

Flooring help please

Katie
6年前
Hi. I am after flooring inspiration. I will have quite a large kitchen/lounge/diner to floor. We are a busy family with the 3 young children and a dog. I want a rustic/dark oak effect. Ideally I would go for something like karndean but it would end up costing a fortune . Has anyone got any other solutions? Many thanks

コメント (5)

• PRO
    OnePlan
    6年前
    最終更新:6年前

If the dog has pale fur and malts - dark floors could be a mistake !
    Dark floors also show up dust beautifully too !

For a 'high wear and tear' flooring area, you can either spend more than you want to on a better product, that will last very well - or spend less, but replace it more often ...

if you like to completely change your decor periodically, then cheaper might be fine - but if you do things once, and do it well - then worth investing in my opinion.
    Hope that helps a bit !

• Katie
    質問の投稿者
    6年前
    thanks Oneplan. We have a red cockapoo who hasn't shed a single hair since we got him. The plan is to stay in the house for another 4 years or so, thus the reluctance to not spend a fortune.
  • PRO
    TimberZone Design Ltd
    6年前

Hi Katie,

OnePlan is absolutely right for both points. However, with the right finish, (and a lack of fur being shed!!), a dark wood floor could really bring the look together.

Some examples of our bespoke floors below:

What is the decor in the kitchen? Colour of the surfaces etc?

• PRO
    Istoria by Jordan Andrews
    6年前

Hi Katie

Engineered hardwood flooring could be a great option for your kitchen/lounge/diner, we've undertaken similar projects, check out our portfolio here

I've pulled off a few colour samples you might like, but we offer hundreds of colours and finishes, a chat with one of our team can help you make a decision.

Dark oak:

Chocolate Opal:

Ebony:

It would be great to talk through your ideas, give us a call on 020 8341 9222 or drop an email sales@jordanandrews.com

• PRO
    Woodpecker Flooring
    6年前

Hi Katie, have you considered engineered wood flooring? It's hardwearing and easy to clean - great for your children and dogs. Here's our 10 benefits guide: https://woodpeckerflooring.co.uk/blog/10-reasons-choose-wood-flooring-home/

Let us know if you need a hand