Houzz Logo Print
gle2011

Azek vs Timbertech Pros and Cons

gle2011
6年前

I am looking to replace my pressure treated lumber deck with a composite flooring and vinyl rail system. Does anyone have a recommendation or comments on the pro's and cons of using Azek or Timbertech materials.

Thanks

コメント (13)

• Terry Royce
    6年前

Curious as to pros and cons myself. Anyone?

• PRO
    SolusLumber.com
    6年前

Just Cons vs. Cons from our perspective, but we are clearly biased wood people....

• Aurora Tee (Zone 6a)
    5年前

Kirch, I am considering Timbertech. Would 18 inches off the ground be a better candidate for the AZEK. Since it is capped on all four sides, wouldn't it be a good choice despite having a wood core?

• PRO
    Kirch Improvements, LLC
    5年前

For anything shorter than 24" we would still recommend Azek. Timbertech is capped on all 4 sides, however, the ends of the boards are still the exposed core.

• PRO
    TimberTech
    5年前

A composite deck is definitely the way to go if you want low maintenance and a 30 year warranty. Try out our cost calculator on the site, we compare both AZEK and TimberTech options for you! https://timbertech.com/resources/decking-calculator

• mersad ramic
    5年前

If you have low e windows you're screwed dont ever let anyone sell you azek timbertech trex fibron you will have a warped asphalt like deck that gets up to 180degrees during hot days low e windows automatically void your warranty.

• millworkman
    5年前

" low e windows automatically void your warranty."

What?

• lscan55
    5年前

Making a walkway ON the ground. AZEK or TimberTech best for that application?

• PRO
    Kirch Improvements, LLC
    5年前

Iscan55, Azek would be the best option for ground level.

• PRO
    TimberTech
    4年前

@lscan55 Our AZEK line of decking is better: https://www.timbertech.com/all-products/azek-overview

Would you like to be connected to a local sales rep who can help walk you through our products? Thanks!

• HouzzUser-892834631
    2年前

Does TimberTech work well on top of wooden support beams? Trying to decide if we should stick with wood for the deck since the support beams are wood

• PRO
    Kirch Improvements, LLC
    2年前

@HouzzUser-892834631 yes! Timbertech & Timbertech Azek are most commonly installed to wood frames. Ensure a minimum of 16" on center joist spacing (12" on center joist spacing if being installed on the diagonal).

PR