Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_47303

Before and After Kitchen Remodel!!!!!

User
6年前

These cabinets were 15 years old but were Rutt cabinetry, a high end company. It would have been totally irresponsible to waist such wonderful woodwork. I reworked the island and ceiling lighting, added LED with aged lanterns, new Super White granite counters, hand crafted honed white carrera backsplash and silver leafed the crown for a little bling for this Jet Set young couple!! The dark stained hardwood floors added a fresh appeal as well.

コメント (32)

• PRO
    Furniture Re-born
    6年前

Wow, love the new look.

UserさんはFurniture Re-bornさんにお礼を言いました
  • FeatherBee
    6年前

HOLY COW! That's amazing!! I love the island lighting you chose. It matches the elegance the cabinets have. You should post over in the kitchen forum. The folks over there would love to see this!

UserさんはFeatherBeeさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    OTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.
    6年前

What a huge kitchen!

UserさんはOTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.さんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Sound Painting Solutions, LLC
    6年前

Wow, looks great!

UserさんはSound Painting Solutions, LLCさんにお礼を言いました
  • User
    6年前
    最終更新:6年前

I hate white kitchens and dark floors. Its trendy garbage. So no. Before was much much nicer. I do like the pendants over the island though. Ive seen many times people on this site change out pendants very similar to those, saying they were "outdated".

• PRO
    User
    質問の投稿者
    6年前

If you look a little closer Tony, you will plainly see that this kitchen is far from white. I did use a satin white lacquer base coat then I followed with not one but two soft gray glazes, giving it an old world Small Bone finish, Each door and drawer is cross matched to make sure the glazes were as close to perfect as possible!!!! But thank you for taking the time to comment

Doni

• PRO
    M&R Custom Millwork Inc
    6年前

Wow, what a stunning kitchen!

UserさんはM&R Custom Millwork Incさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Mega Builders
    6年前

Fantastic job!

UserさんはMega Buildersさんにお礼を言いました
  • Michelle D
    6年前

Love it. What backsplash did you use? I just love it.

UserさんはMichelle Dさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    User
    質問の投稿者
    6年前

Stone Impressions Honed White Carrera Mosaic

• Hockeymom84
    6年前

Glad you didn't waste (not waist) the cabinets, conservation is good.

• PRO
    Design Connection, Inc.
    6年前

Wonderful transformation!

UserさんはDesign Connection, Inc.さんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    21st Century Tile
    6年前

Beautiful!

Userさんは21st Century Tileさんにお礼を言いました
  • Barbara Davis
    6年前

First of all Tony is wrong, Your work is Amazing!! I wish that I had a million dollars for you to do our home when it is finished!!

UserさんはBarbara Davisさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    User
    質問の投稿者
    6年前

Thank You Barbara!!!!!!! I love doing kitchens!!

• lazy_gardens
    6年前

Stunning, with brag-worthy expensive finishing details - I bet no one in their social circle has silver-leafed crown molding in their kitchen - but not for a cook to actually use and obviously by someone who does not understand the "Form follows function" concept of great design.

The dark floor will show every bit of flour and breadcrumb, the white cabinets will quickly get grimy.

As for the Roman temple altar of a stove you show ... have you checked back in a year to see how much grime and grease is in the fluting and carving?

• PRO
    User
    質問の投稿者
    6年前

Great comment Lacy!! That is why I use a catylized clear conversion varnish It will take much abuse when being cleaned. I want to tell you this kitchen is used every day and it looks the same as the first day I sprayed the final clear coat. Also people that can afford this kind of work have live in house keepers!!!!

• User
    6年前

@Doni, not necessarily. Lots of good DIY'ers or contractors do their own homes with very nice kitchens even nicer than this, and don't have house keepers. Thats when these kitchens get done beautifully. When your doing your own house, a lot more care, thought, and detail gets put into the work. Hired help......? Lets face it. They don't really care. Do the work, customers happy, get paid, move on to the next job.

UserさんはUserさんにお礼を言いました
  • beatrice1212
    6年前

Beautiful kitchen! I want to paint my maple cabinets white but don't know the best way to do so. Any suggestions for brands of paint? Do I put a varnish or poly finish on top? Thanks!

Userさんはbeatrice1212さんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    User
    質問の投稿者
    6年前

Beatrice the best primer to block and cover is an shellac based primmer made by Zinsser BIN . Then based it out in a white lacquer or a Satin water base Marque by Home Depot. no need for clear if it's a solid white. Call my cell 513 207 6571 and I'll walk you thru it!!

• PRO
    User
    質問の投稿者
    6年前

Tony, I'm the hired help. I care so much it gets me out of bed in the morning!!!! And if you don't care you are a loser!!!! Show me one DIY Kitchen better than this and I'll buy you a steak dinner!!!!!

• PRO
    KT tile
    6年前

Wow! Really nice kitchen!

UserさんはKT tileさんにお礼を言いました
  • User
    6年前

@ Doni, Zinsser is not the company its the name of the product. If you were "good" "hired help" you should know this. Which reminds me... I was getting a lot of grief for posting these pictures of painted cabinets

This is really what happens!!! I've seen it a million times. I was getting grief because these where painted with Rust-Oleum, and they were saying thats why these cabinets turned out the way they did.

Oh look what I have here... a gallon of Zinsser...

What does that say on the side???

Didn't you just say you use Zinsser? Guess who Zinsser BIN is made by? LOL go ahead, argue with the FACTS.

• DrB477
    6年前

Zinnser is a brand, not a product. More specifically it is a subbrand of Rustoleum. BIN (shellac based) and 123 (water based) are two different products. There is also more to painting (cabinets or otherwise) than just what product is used, like many things its partly what you use and partly how you use it.

• PRO
    Pearl Remodeling
    6年前

Incredible work, outstanding! (Can't believe they have a fire place in the kitchen)

UserさんはPearl Remodelingさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    European Granite & Marble
    6年前

Amazing work! Love the transformation.

UserさんはEuropean Granite & Marbleさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Moss Building & Design
    6年前

Love love love! So bright and elegant.

UserさんはMoss Building & Designさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    User
    質問の投稿者
    6年前

Thank you DrB477!!!!! I don't know who this Tony Montana guy is but he is clearly a know it all!! I simply try to show my work to give people a new creative way of doing things. I share my steps and products to the willing, but I will bite back to idiots that think they know it all !!!! I learn everyday of my life!!!!!! I teach in return........

• PRO
    User
    質問の投稿者
    6年前

Thank you all for such wonderful comments I work hard to give my clients a lasting design that will stand the test of time.

• PRO
    Verona Home Design
    6年前

Such a fancy kitchen! I can only image what the whole house looks like. I love the gray island, and light fixtures above it!

• User
    6年前

@verona, I can guess. Everything is white with a dark floor. Nothing special.

PR