Houzz Logo Print
krgarton1

Stairwell pendants- 3 lights, two sizes, or rewire?

Katy Garton
6年前
最終更新:6年前

We are building an open light filled stairwell, the stairwell looks like this:

I plan on using a glass globe and pendant fixture similar to this one. The size of the ones in the sketch drawing are 12", and I'm worried that because the electrician wired them so far apart they look funny. There is a 15" option. I'm curious what I should do? 1. three 15"s 2. one 15" and two 12"s 3. have the electrician re-wire closer and do a 15", a 12", and a 10" like in the second image below.

Please advise! Thanks, Katy

コメント (7)

• zorroslw1
    6年前

Well, my choice if I had the option would be option 3:. The second image. That is only because I think it has more interest. it is just more visually appealing.

• Judy Mishkin
    6年前
    最終更新:6年前

if you are up for re-wiring anyway.... i'd go with a single fixture that has multiple globes hanging down. they have them worked out Just Right already.

http://www.loveitlighting.com/pendant-lighting/multi-globe

its pretty rare that folks like a fixture forever....and one of your spots may already be in the center?

• palimpsest
    6年前

I would probably do #3 if you are up for rewiring. If you keep them where they are, three big ones hung at distinctly different levels

Be aware that with clear bulbs and clear glass globes there is going to be a certain amount of glare and that the glass itself will cast shadows on the wall because for each fixture lit from inside, there are two that are going to have light cast on them. And shadows cast from the three cords.

The light in the area may be more even if these are not the only source.

• Katy Garton
    質問の投稿者
    6年前

mKieley.com thank you- every decision of this build I labor over- because I care about making it intentional and beautiful. I wish back when we did the electrical walk through I knew what I know now. But it isn't too late, I can still change it.

• Katy Garton
    質問の投稿者
    6年前

palimpsest I was going to go with frosted bulbs to help with the glare. My intention was to have a fixture that supported the concept of the staircase transparency of light, but is the clear globe route maybe not the best approach because of the shadows. I had also been drown to the george nelson bubble lamps.

• wishiwereintheup
    6年前

How often do you intend to climb up there and dust clear glass globes? Use frosted glass.

PR