Houzz Logo Print
nicole_vilter

Lackluster Exterior

We would love to improve our curb appeal. Please share any ideas! We will be staining the siding.

コメント (8)

• PRO
    American Brick & Stone Inc
    6年前

You mite look into adding some thin veneer stone to the home and or the columns. It can really change the appearance of the home. There are allot of options both natural and manufactured. Food for thought anyway.

• Judy Mishkin
    6年前
    最終更新:6年前

is this the curb side? are these your belongings or previous owners? assuming they are yours:

whats the fence with the nails sticking out at the bottom of the picture? its not helping your cause.

i think that an attractive set of patio furniture in a color, (and don't allow anything else to clutter the patio area), may be all you need. a passerby will always notice an errant trashcan before the nicest stonework.

the grill is also hogging a featured visible spot, might it be hidden more rolled to the left? have your seating area in front of the sliders, then you wont have to look at the grill from inside either.

some flowers, low shrubs, in front of the graveled area will make the graveled area disappear.

• della70
    6年前

Seriously consider a local landscape designer. They can draw up a plan and give you an estimate. It's a good investment in your home. Lots of times they will do work to fit your budget. Good luck! Very nice house!

• Nicole Vilter
    質問の投稿者
    6年前
    Thank you all very much!
  • Nicole Vilter
    質問の投稿者
    6年前
    Yes those are nails on the top of the fence! Gone now. We re-stained the fence and added some post caps, etc. We are in the midst of work- hence the bucket and hose. But yes I agree less clutter and nice furniture will be a good upgrade. We might change the exterior stain color to a gray or navy gray. Moving the grill is a nice idea. My husband likes it up there :).
  • della70
    6年前

I like the color as it is. It fits in with the woods and creates a very calm, natural and serene feeling.

• decoenthusiaste
    6年前

Strive for a bit of this and that from these homes...

Cole Valley Hillside - John Maniscalco Architecture · 詳細

7RR-Ecohome · 詳細

Mid-Century Remodel · 詳細

urban green · 詳細