Houzz Logo Print
syma_ellis

How to hang artwork on this wall?

No Name
6年前

I have a wonderful staircase with large wall. There is a chandelier, which is - unfortunately - not central. So If I wanted to hang the artwork centrally on the wall, part of it (a third perhaps) would be behind the chandelier. The option is to hang it closer to the wall with the window, but then part of the wall behind the chandelier is bare, and the whole thing looks a bit off centre. Do you have any ideas how I could sort the problem out? See the pictures to visualise what I'm talking about. What could I hang on the wall, and in what manner? thank you very much!

コメント (18)

• Daisy England
    6年前
    Oh boy that chandelier is gorgeous. I love it.
    Perhaps if you hang smaller as opposed to larger pictures at least you will be able to see all of some of them.
    No NameさんはDaisy Englandさんにお礼を言いました
  • kikiamack
    6年前
    Something like this might also work.

Modern Farmhouse · 詳細
    No Nameさんはkikiamackさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    User
    6年前

The idea above is great, I think the artwork needs to be centralised on the wall and using abstract designs is very clever.

On another note, it's really not that hard to change the position of the Chandelier - You just need to go in to the loft and move the wiring over - depending on how far it needs to go, you may not even have the original hole on show!

No NameさんはUserさんにお礼を言いました
  • No Name
    質問の投稿者
    6年前

Thank you for your wonderful comments, I didn't think of three pictures, this is a very good idea...

Re: moving the chandelier - I had to put it where it is because it is so long, and if it was central people walking up the stairs would hit their heads with it :)

• Juliet Docherty
    6年前

I don't think I would hang artwork on that wall, the chandelier is such a focal point.

No NameさんはJuliet Dochertyさんにお礼を言いました
  • Carolina
    6年前

I agree with colourhappy. I don't think the wall needs artwork. I do think that the window needs something. A roman blind? From just under the ceiling (so the window seems taller) to halfway the window?

No NameさんはCarolinaさんにお礼を言いました
  • User
    6年前
    mirror what cokourhappy and carolina say. chandelier is the statement here
    No NameさんはUserさんにお礼を言いました
  • Carolina
    6年前

Or a transparent blind...

• No Name
    質問の投稿者
    6年前

Chandelier is a statement indeed. The problem is that half of the wall from the window side seems very bare as there is nothing there. This photo doesn't show it well, chandelier seems central, but the first photo shows it better.

The idea with the roller blind is brilliant though, I was wondering how to make this window look better!! Thank you!.

• Juliet Docherty
    6年前

How about if you were to hang for example 3 things on the wall and stagger them. One on the top slightly right, next one down in the middle and the lower one to the right again....? It could be 3 square pictures, baskets,etc.

• No Name
    質問の投稿者
    6年前

That's a very good idea to make the artwork not look off centre!

Thank you so much everybody, it makes my heart feel warm to know that there is such a wonderful community of people somewhere out there, who are willing to help and advise a total stranger! Thank you!

• Juliet Docherty
    6年前
    最終更新:6年前

A bit like this but obviously longer top to bottom. Baskets in my lounge.

No NameさんはJuliet Dochertyさんにお礼を言いました
  • No Name
    質問の投稿者
    6年前

Actually your baskets gave me an idea!! I have three fans, which I brought from Peru, and I didn't know how to display them, your basket idea is perfect for them :)

• Misha M
    6年前
    Great idea from colourhappy. Think it's important to have something other than art in a glass frame because your chandelier will bounce light off the frame throwing shadows making your frame appear not straight.

One huge statement peice of art would work well as well as the above ideas/ your fans.

Be good to see you how you get on!
    No NameさんはMisha Mさんにお礼を言いました
  • No Name
    質問の投稿者
    6年前

Misha, I didn't think about shadows! Something to definitely keep in mind. Originally the plan was to hang a large mirror there, to reflect the sparkles and light, but I can't afford such a huge mirror, and anything too small will look silly.

During the day, when the day is sunny, the chandelier throws 'sparkles' on the walls around, a bit magical :) (and it's not even lit!)

I will definitely put up a photo when I finish the wall, but it may be a while before I finally make a decision :O

• Misha M
    6年前
    That looks beautiful! You don't need to add art!

If you are wanting to look at mirrors, try online at:

https://www.mirroroutlet.co.uk/?gclid=Cj0KEQjw7pHLBRDqs-X8hZ3Mgp0BEiQAXIo9rgicwz9LlImWBaABikZHUHQarLgVeCzwxTFcec_Vgh4aAlY18P8HAQ

(website design not great but fairly reasonably priced large mirrors).
  • PRO
    Worsley Woodworking
    6年前

Centralise the chandelier, you really don't need to do anything else in my opinion!