Houzz Logo Print
gwb66

Need help with making mantel focal point

gwb66
10年前
What can I do with this fireplace / mantel ? Need help.

コメント (10)

• gwb66
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    Here is another view
  • Linda Jones
    10年前
    最終更新:10年前
    Since the mantel is so tall and the whole fireplace is so big, you want something pretty big to be in scale. An inexpensive option that could be flat enough for a mantel would be an arrangement of tall branches. You could spray-paint them white to match your woodwork, and they would stand out against the dark stone. And they would be a natural element, which would go well with the natural stone.
  • Linda Jones
    10年前
    I just realized the mantel isn't as tall as I thought--I was fooled by the kiddie chairs in front. Still, it is a massive fireplace and you don't want small items that will be overwhelmed by it.
  • Lina Belmona
    10年前
    Here are some tips that might help you
    http://houzz.com/ideabooks/1997434
  • PRO
    CMR Interiors & Design Consultations Inc.
    10年前
    It always is bad to have fireplaces like this with goofy low windows flanking them. I don't think its the fireplace so much as your drapery looks too frilly and traditional with this more contemporary style fireplace. I'd get rid of long drapes with these and I'd do woven romans instead.
  • jaygee grimshaw
    10年前
    rip it out! so old fashioned it's like something from the 70s.it's overbearing and far too heavy for a modern room. stone is ok if it;s a comolkiment to the room decor , not the dominant feature.
  • PRO
    Interiors International, Inc.
    10年前
    I like the Superstition Mt. Residence pic above.
  • pivoines
    9年前
    When you have such a massive and imposing structure, it is always best to let it do its job and not clutter the look with small objects, get rid of the stuff on the mantelpiece, get rid of fussy draperies, Ibelmona's large art work is perfect. In this case , less is more is the solution.