Houzz Logo Print
corinne_dyer

Granite

Hi... we have this river white swirl granite for our countertops with these cabinets... any backsplash ideas?

コメント (17)

• acm
    6年前

Given that all the other finishes are textured, and that you want the counter to stand out, I'd keep it simple -- either a white or a near-white that matches the lightest tones of your slab (with matching grout). Should be gorgeous!

• Porter Edun
    6年前

Pretty combination and I love the neutral floor with no reds. I recommend you get the granite in and then take a look at it in the room before selecting. Those here can toss out a lot of ideas and it will be better in the end to see the kitchen almost complete if possible. Simple will be best IMO.... What do you lean toward just to get an idea? Is there an island or peninsula?? Is this the only are you need a backsplash or is there more to this we can get a photo of?

• Corinne Dyer
    質問の投稿者
    6年前
    We are leaning towards something simple, but everything we have found seems to busy. There is an island and another area the backsplash will go.. the island will probably have the most.. very challenging to find something that goes with the granite. I like the idea of waiting, and may end up doing that but builder is wanting us to decide before closing. I am open to any opinions and appreciate the above
  • Corinne Dyer
    質問の投稿者
    6年前
    Thoughts on this? Too busy?
  • Corinne Dyer
    質問の投稿者
    6年前
    We originally had this but doesn't work with counter IMO
  • PRO
    Beth H. :
    6年前

very nice. love the cabs. Hard to tell with the lighting on the slab whether or not that pink tone is there or it's just the photo. here are some subways in grays and ivory and a ceramic herringbone in a gray/blue tone that would go well w/your kitchen.

• Corinne Dyer
    質問の投稿者
    6年前
    Beth do you have info on those tiles?
  • Porter Edun
    6年前

Beth H. has some great examples.... tilebar.com might give you some inspiration. If you want some interest to a subway Beth's option the two at the top are my favorite subway tiles for some kitchens. Would look great in yours.

• Porter Edun
    6年前

Home Depot sells a few colors, tilebar.com sells a half dozen or so and you can get samples from them.

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    6年前
    最終更新:6年前

few more in the cool, blue gray tones. I don't see a bright white working here. it would have to be a cream or ivory tone next to that granite. you could order some samples and wait for the granite to be installed and see how they look next to it. Tell the builder it's your home and your money and you don't want to be rushed into making a poor choice.

(this arabesque also comes in a 2x8 subway tile)

this crackle glass color looks perfect next to the stone, as does the blue one above. those tones would really look nice next to the cabinets.

• KK Johnson
    6年前
    This kitchen appears similar in color to yours, they river white has a leather finish but the grey is interesting...but I do think a lighter color would be a better option
  • acm
    6年前
    最終更新:6年前

I'm still with Jodie that white (or the closest cream) will be best, but I wouldn't fight your veining with dark grout. Compare these:

(p.s.) I can see why you liked your first choice, but you need to go plainer.

• PRO
    Urbano Design & Build
    6年前
    Consider using the same countertop material for the backsplash?
  • cpaul1
    6年前

I think you have enough gray going on with the cabinets. I would do a white-ish subway tile for the back splash. Things to keep in mind ... gray is a "dirty color" and it's very trendy (meaning, it will look dated more quickly than other things will). So I would stick with something lighter in the back splash to keep the kitchen looking cleaner and brighter and more classic than trendy.

• Porter Edun
    6年前

I'd lean ivory vs stark white... just my opinion. That is why I recommend to wait and see it in the lighting you have in your home otherwise you will really never know.

You can order some samples in the meantime if you love some those have posted an lean toward them! When you get them please put them up against the counter and wall to show what your options you are going for or in a quandary over so those here can see and assist!

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    6年前

Corinne, I think they may be this : Dove grey, 3x6, builder depot

http://www.thebuilderdepot.com/hparkdg3x6.html

modwalls has this 2x8 tile in a 'brine gray'

Another 'dove grey'. although these look more griege.

https://www.tilesdirect.net/dove-grey-3x6-handcrafted-tile/

another shot of them in the 4x12 size. look more gray in this photo.