Houzz Logo Print
sierraimwalle

Front door color?!

Hi! We just painted our exterior trim white and siding charcoal. I need a stylish but not extremely trendy front door color. We live in a casual country club neighborhood and obviously our home is a colonial but my style is a bit more contemporary.. think grey walls and black hardware on the inside of the home. Thanks in advance.
(When I say not super trendy I just mean like not lime green that in two years I'll be sick of it)

コメント (12)

• PRO
    Ted DeFazio
    6年前

I definitely wouldn't go green with all of the red brick... Might look like Christmas all year.

• katinparadise
    6年前

I did my brick house up north in a dark teal. Something along the lines of SW Really Teal.

Or you could do a blue/black like SW Endless Sea.

• PRO
    Design Directives, LLC
    6年前

You could use the same shade of grey that you used on the siding.

• PRO
  • Tracy
    6年前
    Yellow?
  • Porter Edun
    6年前

I'd remove the storm door to appreciate the door unless you live in a very inclement climate as I do and I lost mine and I live on lake Erie with high winds and so on... I miss only one thing: no screen before it gets hot and humid. Then the door what ever you do would be more focal.

• Porter Edun
    6年前

I'd do a gray tone.... wish there was glass and not ornate in the front door is all!

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    6年前
    I would trim all your trees and shrubbery because it is distracting from everything you are trying to improve. I would consider glossy black for both the front door, storm door and trim and sidelights. Then I would repeat that black with flower pots and larger black iron exterior lighting. Black is always classy and your home is classic.
  • sierraimwalle
    質問の投稿者
    6年前
    Yes all landscaping is being changed, removed and trimmed!!
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    6年前

If you do the front entry system glossy black I would do the shutters in black as well. It would help break up the all brick look but enhance it at the same time.

• PRO
    DesignUnplugged llc
    6年前
    Try a dusty lighter to mid value blue that relates to the grey but adds enough accent to highlight the entry.blues grays blacks and whites can look stylish and crisp satisfying your contemporary side and compliment the more traditional style of the house.