Houzz Logo Print
jwharley50

Not sure what to do with this wall.

jwharley50
6年前
Everyday I look at this wall and wonder if I should add something above or on the side of the TV. I have put a metal design wall art and it looked out of place. Then I tried decals, (yes decals) and that looked simply horrific. Help? Do I leave it as is or any suggestions? I think that whole area of wall and decor help. Thank You

コメント (10)

• acm
    6年前

I give you permission to put a small picture to either side of the TV, but NOTHING ABOVE!! TV walls are inherently busy... Note: you might get more from putting a larger/floor lamp in the corner than by adding art there.

• PRO
    Tara Veith Kitchen & Bath Design
    6年前
    最終更新:6年前

Athens Farmhouse · 詳細

I would mount the TV to the wall and declutter for a cleaner look. Then add a nice wide console table with statues/candlesticks/lanterns underneath to ground the TV visually. Put two ottomans under the console table for extra seating/footrests. Good Luck!

• User
    6年前

Something long and thin that runs about the length of your media console would look great above the television. Consider a long mirror (some full-length body mirrors can be mounted horizontally) or a series of small artwork to create length. You could also purchase a tall lamp or tall house plant to go on either side of the media console to add some height.

(Please excuse the rushed photoshop)

Best of Luck,

Melissa, Interior Designer at The Architects

• justbeckyg
    6年前
    I would recommend a new tv cabinet that is full height that the tv can sit in instead of on top of. You need some height on this wall to give balance to the room. In the meantime you should remove the other items from the top of the cabinet.
  • PRO
    Sarah Bernardy Design, LLC
    6年前

I agree that a larger floor or even table lamp in the corner behind the chair could furnish that side of the television nicely. No art should hang above the TV, but something larger or a series of pieces on the left of the TV could be a nice addition to finishing off this wall for you. Since I can't see your entire wall to the left, that's the best I can offer as a suggestion.

• jwharley50
    質問の投稿者
    6年前
    All fantastic ideas. Thank You to all. I will attempt to make this work. Now at least I can look at the wall and tell myself, soon you will be transformed for the better. Thank You again.
  • jwharley50
    質問の投稿者
    6年前
    Sandy Design, the other side of wall has a coat rack which I need to find another place for it. other than that it's plain.
  • jwharley50
    質問の投稿者
    6年前
    oops so sorry, should be Sarah Bernardy Design
  • auntthelma
    6年前