Houzz Logo Print
nchavda88

hexagon or square porch tiles??

nchavda88
6年前
We have a black front door and the space is roughly 2m x 2m.

Which one do you think?

コメント (19)

• PRO
    Bathroom + Kitchen Eleven
    6年前

Gosh such a difficult choice as they are both lovely tiles. I would maybe go with the hexagon tiles as they have a bit of black in them which will tie in with your door.

Shannon

• nchavda88
    質問の投稿者
    6年前
    One more photo for perspective
  • PRO
    Black Qubd
    6年前

Hexagon Defo!

• PRO
    MERRICK DESIGNS
    6年前

Depends what else is going in space and what feeling you are looking to achieve, both are nice and work well!

for me the square is more tranquil, hex is busy and energetic. Square one lends itself to adding other elements down the line without clash, hex is a statement in itself, best luck

• Lauren
    6年前

I prefer the square personally, looks a little more in keeping with what might have been there originally.

• A S
    6年前
    Hi,
    I prefer the square, personally, the hexagon just seems to busy for me. as mentioned above, if you would like to add more print you have greater flexibility with the square than the hexagonal tiles which are statement in themselves.

Good Luck, I'm sure which ever you chose, will both look equally fantastic.
  • nchavda88
    質問の投稿者
    6年前
    Thanks for all your input..! What do you reckon?
  • J C
    6年前
    Lovely!
  • Ellie
    6年前

Prefer the square tiles with the circle/rhombus pattern.

• PRO
    Bathroom + Kitchen Eleven
    6年前

Looks fantastic!

• Dan Forth
    6年前
    Love the hexagon tiles! Can I ask where you purchased them from?
  • tweakyb
    6年前

Both are beautiful tiles.... where are they from? I have a small side door step which could do with a makeover. These look great

• Ludo Gallagher
    6年前

Definitely the hexagon. When you look at it, the space opens up, it's an expansive design. The other tile closes the space in and whilst it is lovely, it's safer and therefore I've seen it A LOT!

• nchavda88
    質問の投稿者
    6年前
    These were bought from wallsandfloors. Co. Uk
  • nchavda88
    質問の投稿者
    6年前
    Thanks ever so much for all your input!
  • PRO
    Birdtables.org.uk
    6年前

How lovely to have a porch!
    I love the hexagonal ones. To prevent them being dazzling, and make it more of a 'designed' feature, you could have a border of plain black tiles - to match the door - then the hexagonal tiles would have the look of a rug on a plain black floor.

• nchavda88
    質問の投稿者
    6年前
    Good point! The tiles have now been laid - that's the only problem! Do you know of any way to incorporate this without lifting the tiles?
  • PRO
    Birdtables.org.uk
    6年前

No - but the edges will probably be obscured by plant pots, wellies etc anyway!