Houzz Logo Print
hklompmaker

Kitchen rug?

Heather
6年前
Would you do an area rug here, a runner, or just keep it the way it is with a small rug by the sink? The space feels very open, so I'm not sure if I should stick with the small rug or go bigger. It's approximately 6 feet between the stove and sink.

コメント (13)

• PRO
    WW Love Your Home
    6年前
    最終更新:6年前

There are floor mats that go in front of the sink that profive cushion to your feet.

• Snaggy
    6年前

Why would you want a rug in the kitchen !?

• PRO
    Jodie White Designs
    6年前

I would go with a larger area rug personally if you are going that route. Pretty floors, stainless farm sink and two tone cabinetry. What color theme were you thinking?

• cpaul1
    6年前

No rugs in a kitchen. Safety hazard, sanitation hazard, and they don't look good because it doesn't make sense for them to be there. Kitchen floors are meant to be open and clean and to showcase the beautiful flooring you hope you have.

• PRO
    RugKnots | Area Rugs
    6年前

Runner rugs typically only work in smaller spaces like hallways or the area between an island and the wall. Here is an excellent example:

With all that space I'd choose a larger rug like Jodie suggested. Here is an idea:

Wool oriental rugs are actually fantastic in kitchens. They are extremely durable and since they are hand knotted and hand dyed, they cover a multitude of "sins" and stains.

• lhutch13
    6年前
    I think it a necessity to have a rug in the kitchen, especially where there would be water splashing. 1) to somewhat protect your floor from damage, 2) prevent slipping on water. I have a runner along the front of my cabinets.
  • PRO
    JudyG Designs
    6年前

Is your floor engineered wood?

If so, no rug. I would rather mop up after dinner than have a rug that has been dripped on, spilled on, or my cat deciding she didn’t like what went down.

• mcbmd3
    6年前
    I have an old Persian rug in my kitchen and love it. I do take it up when I'm entertaining.
  • connie912
    6年前
    After ten years of hardwood floors in my kitchen, I recently found six foot runner rugs with nonslip backing. They came from Homedepot.com and I'm liking them so much. Dropped silverware from unloading dishwasher had left a nick or two. Wish I had done rugs sooner.
  • Heather
    質問の投稿者
    6年前
    Thank you all for your responses. I don't think a rug is for every kitchen, but I disagree with the comments that a rug shouldn't be in a kitchen. The space feels very large and the reason I was wanting a rug is because I would like to break up the floor space a bit. Thank you all again for your comments!
  • PRO
    Jodie White Designs
    6年前

This looks nice with your brown and white

• PRO
    Style My Space
    6年前
    It is a personal thing. For around the sink area when standing for longer times it can be nice. From a design standpoint it can be nice if correct style, colour and style.
    Lori