Houzz Logo Print
m0niqu3

Parquet style dilemma!!

Monique
6年前
Hi, We have some reclaimed parquet being fitted. However, We can't decide which style would suit our open plan living area. The room is approx. 9m x 4m. The wood is beech, so will be quite light when cleaned up. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

コメント (14)

• Monique
    質問の投稿者
    6年前
    Hi Jonathon, Thanks we were leaning towards the idea double herringbone. Thanks for the tip on the border, we only thought of a double border. Thanks again.
  • sqezefrau
    6年前

I agree with all Jonathan comments. The middle choice looks the most balanced. A border running straight around the edge of the room would give a nice finishing touch.

Moniqueさんはsqezefrauさんにお礼を言いました
  • Carolina
    6年前

I too agree with Jonathan.

MoniqueさんはCarolinaさんにお礼を言いました
  • Monique
    質問の投稿者
    6年前

Hi Jonathon, thank you again for your advice. Sqzefrau and Carolina also agreed with you and thank you to you both. We have decided to go ahead with the double herringbone with a double border. I'll post a picture when it's finally complete which will be the end of the week.

• PRO
    First Impressions Kitchens
    6年前

I agree, the middle one is the nicest. Be sure to post some pictures when it is done.

• ofabat
    6年前

Love the one on the right.

• stephaniec3701
    6年前

I prefer the style on the right. More classic in my opinion.

• Rose Williams
    6年前

I like the middle one too. My house used to be a telephone exchange in the 40's, so the entire (bungalow) floor of the house is classic herringbone parquet with a triple straight border. The uniformity of the single herringbone in such quantity makes it so you dont really notice it most of the time after a while so I'd choose double to give it a little more oomph

• Monique
    質問の投稿者
    6年前
    Hi everyone, We went for the double herringbone with double edge. Triple would have been nice , but in some areas we would have lost the pattern. Please see before and after photos. The wood was teak not beech as originally thought. It's absolutely gorgeous.
  • PRO
  • Monique
    質問の投稿者
    6年前

Thank you. I still can't believe the result from builders bags of dirty blocks. If any one is considering purchasing reclaim blocks, there is a firm in Manchester that can clean them. Ours didn't need the bitumen cleaning off which saved us money.

• Rose Williams
    6年前

on the other hand, you could have about 120+ square meters of the stuff like me, was excited to find it at first, 1 year on I'm over it lol

• Monique
    質問の投稿者
    6年前
    We had 75sqm put down, and have about 1000 blocks left. Trying to find somewhere to put them.