Houzz Logo Print
maxpnc

Exterior Improvements

Max Han
7年前

Hi Guys,

I am trying to improve the look of the exterior without having to change any sidings. I was planning to enlarge the window from 60"x30" to 60"x48" in a black industrial style frame. And replace the garage doors. Well, the rest you can see in the concept picture.

What do you think? Any alternatives that might look good here? Thanks!

コメント (10)

• Max Han
    質問の投稿者
    7年前

Thanks! The top panel on the garage door is supposed to be glass. Bad photoshop! The decorative shutters there so the overall window width matches the garage door width.

• chloebud
    7年前
    最終更新:7年前

Okay...got it. Now you need to pull more...a lot more...attention to the front door/entry area. Right now the garage is the main focus.

Max Hanさんはchloebudさんにお礼を言いました
  • kay kin
    7年前

good direction with the picture, but warning- I am not a fan of shutters. your home looks like it is leaning towards mid-century style. i think to replace the entry area railings with wood will balance out the heaviness of the garage doors. dark brown (or what ever the new garage doors color may be) along with the trim in the same color. the cement stairs should be changed- resurfaced in slate perhaps, or stained, a larger light between the doors, i don't think you have too far to go with what you want to achieve. good luck!

Max Hanさんはkay kinさんにお礼を言いました
  • Max Han
    質問の投稿者
    7年前

Spot on! I would love to do something about the aluminum sidings! And the stairs too! And maybe stain the bricks a different shade. However, there are more pressing and costly issues inside I want to address first with my limited budget. One day...

• partim
    7年前

Very nice.

It is refreshing to read a post where no-one says to paint the brick gray.

Once the snow is gone, post a closer picture of the porch and stairs, and we may have some suggestions to tweak the entry area.

Max Hanさんはpartimさんにお礼を言いました
  • partim
    7年前

Your bricks don't need a thing.

Max Hanさんはpartimさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Alexander F. Marshall
    7年前
    最終更新:7年前

I had this problem with a project. It was too flat and needed some projection, color. I added four elements - Trellis to garage doors, sloping trellis to windows, sculpted eve beams and painted window trim and eve beams. I think similar details would work for you . I wanted to add a shelf under the windows too. Virginia decided not.

I like Virginias existing garage doors . I would have painted them though. They have vertical strips which makes them different. I like different.

Alex , PALO ALTO CA

Virginia's Apartment revitalized · 詳細

Max HanさんはAlexander F. Marshallさんにお礼を言いました
  • Irene Morresey
    7年前
    Just some inspiration, like the colours. Black front door, paint railings black
  • chloebud
    7年前

Oh...I really like Alexander's first pic with the trellis for garage and windows. The eave beams look good, too.