Houzz Logo Print
ben_fecci

What colour to Paint the house?!

Ben F
7年前
Hi all, please help!! We're struggling to come up with a colour scheme for the outside of our house. We like greys etc but not sure what'll work with the stone on the Garage and the brown windows. All ideas and schemes welcomed!!

コメント (9)

• PRO
    Kate Cledwyn
    7年前

What are the colours of houses nearby? Grey can look quite dated now, I would suggest a flat white and planting. Pots and climbers to bring life around the house.

• Ben F
    質問の投稿者
    7年前
    Thanks Kate, most houses are cream like ours is now, funnily enough we did look at Dulux Ashen White as a colour with windows sills in a different colour. Really are struggling for some inspiration.
  • Ben F
    質問の投稿者
    7年前
    Hi All, it would be great to get some more suggestions.

Thanks.
  • A S
    7年前
    Hi. I wouldn't do grey for exterior walls, it can have a tendency to look slightly damp or old/murky. I actually quite like the colour you currently have which matches quite well with the exterior windows, etc.
    I would rather opt for a crisp white if you are wanting a change.

Good Luck
    A x
  • Ben F
    質問の投稿者
    7年前
    Thanks for that, we do like the colour it is now, but do fancy a change. The brown windows and the garage stone work are just making our decision making so hard.
  • Ben F
    質問の投稿者
    7年前
    Thanks Lauren, the charcoal bays look interesting, we hadn't even though of that.
  • Juliet Docherty
    7年前

Don't forget to take the block paving into account, it's the largest area. When you clean it up it will look very pink. If you want a clean off white, farrow and ball Pointing is great (but a bit pricey).

• Ben F
    質問の投稿者
    7年前
    Thanks Colour Happy! Yeah the paving is on the summer 'to do' list, it's red and grey pavers. Thinking of using corten planters instead of the wooden ones in the picture to bring some more other tones into the scheme, or plain concrete style ones....... decisions...... decisions.

I'll look up that Farrow & Ball colour. Thanks again!