Houzz Logo Print
caffren

Hague blue room. Need finishing touches!

We have gone from a magnolia new build front room to a heavenly deep blue cave of comfyness.

Battered tan corner sofa and armchair (barker and stone house Houston range) to come next week. Need all the advice I can get on making the room look more finished!! What can I put on the walls etc so happy with it so far just feel like I'm missing something

Any help would be greatly appreciated

コメント (9)

• PRO
    Seraphin Design
    7年前

Hi Catherine

I think the room looks fabulous and the sofa looks perfect for the space.

I would suggest adding some texture into the room as this will stop it from falling a bit flat. Add natural elements like wood and velvets to soften the edginess a little bit. Also I'd consider a large mirror either leaning against the wall or hanging to bounce some light around the room. Possibly add an oversized piece of artwork into the mix as well along with a large textured rug.

Consider how to best light the room too.

Hope this helps!

Sarah

• rachelmidlands
    7年前
    Hi, adore that colour. Moody and cosy at the same time, gorgeous. I see you're going for the more rustic look with the chunky wood, log burner and leather sofa. I'd continue this with some more natural looking textures (fur throw, faux sheepskin, carved wood etc.) Some natural linen curtains with big chunky tie backs would look great as well.
    Also brass/gold elements work really well with this colour so maybe a gold framed mirror or a set of gallery prints.
    This shop does a great range of prints, be aware they come un-framed:
    https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/QuantumPrints

I also love these prints, for a quirky look I think they'd work really well in your room.
    https://www.arthouse.com/shop/wall-art/type/framed-prints/lagoon-black-set-of-2-framed-prints/
  • Catherine Russell
    質問の投稿者
    7年前
    Haha Catherine! I forgot to mention we have already taken your fab advice and assembled a brass ceiling rose and black cable spider chandelier which should spread Edison bulbs across the ceiling to make a more rustic/industrial feel, whilst hopefully giving the room a cosy glow x
  • PRO
    Corinne Natel Art Ltd
    7年前

Hi Catherine - looks great so far! I'm an abstract artist, creating original paintings. Here are some examples below that could work well. Please visit my website for more examples: www.corinnenatel.co.uk and feel free to contact me: design@corinnenatel.co.uk

• PRO
    Goldman and Rankin
    7年前

I could have a lot of fun with this room, where are you based?

• PRO
    User
    7年前

What a lovely colour for the walls, and, the sofa will look great. I'd change the T.V Unit though, for a corner style so that you avoid the 'lining the walls' look. You could bring in an accent colour such as mustard, which works well with the blue. A different more turquoisey blue or blue grey will also work.

• obobble
    7年前
    Definitely more copper accessories. Keep the tv unit low like now ( personally I wouldn't change it). By the way, love the hearth stones. Am looking for similar size and shape. What is it and where did u source it?
  • Catherine Russell
    質問の投稿者
    7年前
    Thanks obobble! Unfortunately our stone was sourced by the fire installer!
    We got our sofas in this weekend and put our spider chandelier up. The blank walls are screaming for something but not sure what... maybe a collection of mirrors? Or is there a clever way to have lights on the walls? I've attached some updated photos! The wall above the chair is the only corner I feel looks finished ha!!
    Also, what would people do about the windows, I am stuck between a roman blind or shutters!! Help!!