Houzz Logo Print
claire_herrington

What colour are these shelves please?

Hi all. Does anyone know if these are medium oak or cherry or another? Thank you.

コメント (13)

• Claire Herrington
    質問の投稿者
    7年前
    These...
  • PRO
    User
    7年前

Hi Claire - they look like stained oak - I'm sure they could be painted if you wanted to change the look, or rubbed down and distressed for a shabby chic effect. Hope that helps, Eliza

• PRO
    Paintforme
    7年前

Claire, it looks like oak. Hope that helps!

Paintforme

• Claire Herrington
    質問の投稿者
    7年前
    They're not mine, but I love the warm tone. Think they're what are needed to bring some warmth into my bathroom, which will be white and grey. Thank you!
  • PRO
    Detola and Geek
    7年前

First I thought they might be walnut but then looking again more like stained oak wood

• Claire Herrington
    質問の投稿者
    7年前
    I think you're right. I'm usually a light oak person, but think I need to go darker in this situation.
  • Daisy England
    7年前
    They are stained pine. You can tell from the grain and knotting.
  • Claire Herrington
    質問の投稿者
    7年前
    Thanks all, it's especially good to be able to get advice/opinions/feedback when you don't have a partner to consult. I don't really mind whether I go for pine or oak, it was more the colour I was after. General consensus seems to be a medium oak colour stain I think.
  • PRO
    Plump Cushion Interior Design Ltd.
    7年前

Agreed, Urbanrook! Too knotty for oak.

• PRO
    Urbanrook
    7年前
    Claire if you go for pine (more economical than oak) you can use a dark wax and build up how dark you want it (to remove if too much you can use fine steel wool along the grain). Build up with thin layers rather than huge quantities.

Alternatively go for a stain although smellier and more mess.

Remember to sand along grain w high grade sand paper before either to make it smooth though!

Happy creating to you!
  • Claire Herrington
    質問の投稿者
    7年前
    Thank you Urbanrook. You're brilliant!