Houzz Logo Print
sarahmccann72

Please help with colour scheme!!!!

I recently purchased these two chairs which I adore but my living room needs decorated badly I just don't know how to do to make the chairs stand out, I have to keep the furniture and brown leather sofa, so it would probably be curtains painting and soft furnishings

コメント (8)

• sarahmccann72
    質問の投稿者
    7年前
    Here some more pics
  • A B
    7年前

Love the fabric. I would either go for a colour from the chair or go really dark so the chairs really stand out. Your black floor lamp, art and plant stand (with a plant on) would compliment them perfectly too

• sarahmccann72
    質問の投稿者
    7年前
    If I go for a light colour on the walls what about curtains and a rug?
  • rachelmidlands
    7年前
    Hi there, lovely chairs! I think the changing the colour of the walls will make the biggest impact in your room. Blues and greens (anything from bold jewel colours to greyed/faded tones) would look great as a contrast to the fabric and complement your existing furniture. I would stay away from any colour with pink or orange tones since you have a lot of this already, wood floor, mantle piece, mirror, etc. If you wanted a light colour, go for something with green undertones.
    As for curtains, i'd pick a colour from the chair fabric and have a them as one solid colour or a subtle geometric pattern so as not to detract from the chairs. Although some similar or matching cushions would look fab.
    Also, definitely add a plant (real or artificial) on the plant stand. Will bring the whole look together.
  • sarahmccann72
    質問の投稿者
    7年前
    Great advice thank you yes I'd like to do a light colour on the walls so u think a light green
  • rachelmidlands
    7年前
    Hi Sarah, yes I think a light green would complement nicely, maybe a light olive colour. I didn't suggest light blue as I thought that might look a bit too cold. For other neutrals a really pale beige/cream might work as well. I've heard Dulux Egyptian cotton is a good all rounder and pretty much goes with anything. Hope this helps.
  • PRO
    Morph Designs
    7年前

Hi

I have attached a link of the services we can provide.

http://www.morphdesigns.co.uk/services/

Hopefully we can help you.

Speak Soon

Morph Designs