Houzz Logo Print
meganvwarden

Should I paint my cabinets white/off white or leave them alone?

Megan W.
7年前
最終更新:7年前

Please help me decide! Painting would be done professionally.

Yes
No
Other - leave comment

コメント (17)

• tooky58
    7年前
    最終更新:7年前

Re stain them instead, looks like you have beautiful wood, go lighter since, I'm assuming, you don't like the darkness of the wood.

Megan W.さんはtooky58さんにお礼を言いました
  • Megan W.
    質問の投稿者
    7年前

Thank you so much, @tooky58! Would staining darker be something you would suggest as well?

• Megan W.
    質問の投稿者
    7年前

@kathleen MK- Thank you so much for the input! I am up late trying to decide ;) Do you feel a white subway backsplash would work in this space?

• Bev
    7年前

I also vote for leaving the cabinets alone! They are beautiful as is!

Megan W.さんはBevさんにお礼を言いました
  • djb10
    7年前
    I'd leave the cabinets and paint the walls a gray color- think cottage colors.
    Megan W.さんはdjb10さんにお礼を言いました
  • Momof5x
    7年前
    You have a really beautiful kitchen as it is, I love it anyway!
  • Ting Nmn
    7年前
    lot of beige in room. Consider upper cabinets in complementary or offset stain.
  • Grace O' Malley
    7年前

I'd probably leave the color of the cabinets alone. Have you considered just adding some hardware? I think that would help a lot.

• User
    7年前

Leave alone

• User
    7年前

I'd leave them alone for a bit. Lots of natural light, nice cabinets.

• Nodak
    7年前

Cabinets are great, but too much beige in the room. Consider a new back splash possibly that might make you like your cabinets again.

• PRO
    Gerety Building and Restoration
    7年前

That wood is beautiful! If you want a small project to brighten it up try adding a white subway tile backsplash.

• PRO
    Detail Woodworks
    7年前

Beautiful Kitchen! It is always hard for me to see paint over existing cabinets as we are a cabinet company. However, it is so popular now and there are some really great paint pros! My suggestion would be to paint the island, and the desk. Adding the color change you are looking for. Possibly a glaze over a paint to add in the existing colors. Also some hardware that compliments the new paint. You also could add a matching painted shelf above window, adding dimension and color. Good Luck!

• Margaret Bannerman
    4年前

I also had gorgeous and expensive cabinets, but it wasn't my thing. My threshhold is 3 years. If I plan to stay in the house over three years, it's going to be just how I want it. I painted my cabinets white, and I couldn't be happier. Do it!

• st5330
    4年前

leave them they look great and everything “goes.”. white cabinets would necessitate changing out everything possibly even the floors

• Megan W.
    質問の投稿者
    4年前
    最終更新:4年前

Thank you!! Can you believe this post is over 2 years old and we still haven’t changed anything?! So much other life stuff has happened and it just keeps getting put on the back burner, but we have recently been talking about it again.

Do you think the existing yellow paint would really clash with white cabinets, and why would the floors need to be changed out?