Houzz Logo Print
greenwoodframed

Help me find a rug!

All of my livingroom furniture finally arrived and now I need a rug! We're estimating 8'x10'. Can't decide if I want to go light or dark. End tables haven't been purchased yet. Ottoman will eventually have a tray on it and will serve as a coffee table and also aux seating. We have two dogs (one shown in picture!) so spending $3k on a rug doesn't make sense, but we would like it to look nice. This room is the first thing you see when you enter the house. That striped blanket is not a permanent resident of that chair. Another thing to note is that the color of the ottoman looks kind of weird in photos- in real life, it is a boucle material that is the blue of the couch/chairs and yellow, so it looks kind of like a green/teal IRL (although in these pictures it kind of looks like a dustry green, which it is not.) Thoughts?

More pictures of the rest of the house can be found here if anyone is interested: www.greenwoodframed.com

コメント (34)

• Jennifer Havin
    7年前

beautiful!!! love your new furniture and those floors are amazing!!!

this is one of my fav rugs from crate and barrel

• greenwoodframed
    質問の投稿者
    7年前

Thanks Jennifer. I forgot about crate and barrel

• tgb1
    7年前

Your home is stunning and the pups are precious!!

• PRO
  • greenwoodframed
    質問の投稿者
    7年前

How do we feel about this? It's 1/3 of the price of the CB one...

• greenwoodframed
    質問の投稿者
    7年前

Thank you, tgb1!

• gtcircus
    7年前
    What do you like? Modern. Traditional? Here is one from Ebay.
  • greenwoodframed
    質問の投稿者
    7年前

The house is honestly a mix- I lean towards mid-century modern, but as you can see by the mantle (and the floors) we're trying to maintain the historic aspect of the house whenever we can.

• northpoint2
    7年前

Gorgeous floors and fireplace! I think an oriental rug would look beautiful here, and complement your aesthetic.

• allanaspree
    7年前

Hi greenwoodframed I do like the rug you have posted & it would look very good indeed. Light background - 2 dogs??? Here is another to consider that might be more dog friendly. Also love the Alvarez from CB but yes it is expensive. Congratulations you have done a great job on your home - it looks beautiful.

• kim k
    7年前
    Is this too dark? It's a very soft plush beautiful rug for the price (I own it!)
  • Wendy
    7年前
    The crate and barrel rug Jennifer posted would be great. The beautiful jewel tone furniture would be the star with that rug. If you go too dark the furniture wouldn't show as well. I have dogs and a light rug in my family room. The dogs don't mess, but the area they lay on collects the dirt from their coats. I just bought a bissel cross wave hard floor and carpet cleaner. I just go over the rug every now and then with it and it looks great.
  • Architectural Notice
    7年前

You did a very nice job restoring the home.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    7年前

Congrats? You have selected two contenders that don't work with your existing furnishings.

Are you able to see that your upholstery color leans toward a teal blue and the rugs you selected lean toward navy?

You many not like this contemporary patterned rug, however, it's halfway between light and dark and the colors complement your furniture...........that is except the ottoman that doesn't work with anything.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    7年前

Here are additional selections that will work from your same vendor.

• User
    7年前

My contribution;)

Safavieh Clearance - Valencia VAL112B - 8ft 0in x 10ft 0in Teal · 詳細

• PRO
    Designs by TAP
    7年前

Orange is a perfect compliment color to the turquoise, just like the orange in your hardwood floor. To make the couches really stand out compliment them don't try to flood them with more turquoise. Below are two options, the first being super bold to really liven things up or the second to stay calm...these were both from Houzz.

Tossed Floral Multi Rug, 5'x8' · 詳細

Safavieh Sevilla Collection SEV815 Rug, Ivory/Multi, 8' X 11' · 詳細

• PRO
  • PRO
    Crespo Design Group
    7年前

Depends on your style, but here are a few rugs we used in our design projects that might work for your space.

Beverly Hills Contemporary · 詳細

Beverly Hills Contemporary · 詳細

South Tampa Home · 詳細

• greenwoodframed
    質問の投稿者
    7年前

I really like that first one with the dots, TAP Designs!!

• greenwoodframed
    質問の投稿者
    7年前

How do we feel about this? Architect and husband both love it.

http://www.rugsusa.com/rugsusa/rugs/rugs-usa-bd34-hannah-sunny-token/Orange/200RZBD34B-2808.html

• Wendy
    7年前
    If you are talking about the orange color love it!
  • greenwoodframed
    質問の投稿者
    7年前

wanjess yes, the orange one. I may have to pull the trigger- it's only $300 anyway!

• greenwoodframed
    質問の投稿者
    7年前

And she's arrived! We're enjoying it and the quality is good (not great, but it's a $300 rug!) Thanks for the help, everyone.

• Jennifer Havin
    7年前

cute!!

• greenwoodframed
    質問の投稿者
    7年前

lynseytippitt we actually still need another rug for this floor (for that dining area beyond the chairs) and i'm considering getting a dark rug. Our light fixtures on this floor are mostly gold/brass as is our bathroom! You can see more pics on my blog referenced above if you're into it.

For the record, I also hate those brown fur pillows- my husband brought those home and LOVES THEM, although I truly hate the color.

• blaze_1508
    7年前

the number of times I comment are pretty low but just want to say the room really looks fantastic!

greenwoodframedさんはblaze_1508さんにお礼を言いました
  • greenwoodframed
    質問の投稿者
    7年前

Aw, thanks blaze_1508!