Houzz Logo Print
el_rogelio

Column color

El Rogelio
7年前
I'm painting walls a very light gray. Any ideas for the column? Cabinet is stained cherry and floor is walnut.

コメント (14)

• Judy Mishkin
    7年前

trim color.

• typeandrun
    7年前

are you painting the cabinet too ? I would! wall color

• PRO
    Randall Lee's Flooring America
    7年前

I'd go with the same color as your trim.

• El Rogelio
    質問の投稿者
    7年前
    Cabinet is stained cherry.
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    7年前

I would paint it all to disappear. Probably wall color. Real eye sore IMO. Can it be removed? Probably structural pole. I would paint the base too because it just doesn't work with the wood, even if it is cherry. Make it look like one continuous column at least.

• PRO
    Atelier Armbruster
    7年前

Hello El Rogelio,

We would paint it white to make it stand out from the walls and cabinet.

You can have a look at our Ideabooks and projects for more inspirations concerning interior design.

Best of luck,

Atelier Armbruster

http://atelierarmbruster.com/

• miss lindsey (She/Her)
    7年前

I'm in the paint it the wall colour including the cabinet camp.

It looks like the cabinet already received a little primer or paint overspray, so may as well go all the way!

• Sammie J
    7年前

I'd paint it all, column and cabinet, with the same color as the baseboard and crown.

• Denise Marchand
    7年前

Paint the column and cabinet white eggshell finish.It should be treated as one detail. Keeping the cherry finish on the bottom doesn't make sense and is distracting. Did you ever try to figure out what it is hiding? Maybe nothing.

• PRO
    Designz by Elil
    7年前
    最終更新:7年前

I would paint the trim and column a antique bronze. It's rich and soft. It would really pop with the cherry cabinet. Also, if the doors are going to be the same as the gray walls.

• El Rogelio
    質問の投稿者
    7年前

It's not hiding anything, faux column, but it creates a dimension walking into the studio. This would otherwise be dead space. Imagine a big chair next to it. Can't put many things behind it. So, aesthetically it divides the foyer or vestibule from the living area in the studio. Also, I can store things in the cabinet.

• Denise Marchand
    7年前

We can see that you like the column cabinet, and only asked for a color recommendation. It's funny how we get attached to something of convenience, and no one else understands why.

With that in mind, please consider painting the cabinet and the column the same. At least it will be a one element, and for a can of paint you will see if you like it. I still say paint the column and cabinet white like the trim.

• PRO
    Joni Koenig Interiors
    7年前

paint it the same color as the wall. Ideally see a contractor and remove it. Replace it with a support header if possible.