Houzz Logo Print
simplytucson

Need advice on backsplash.

So the upper cabinets are painted SW "steamed milk". We are planning to remove the 4" granite rise from the counter before doing the back splash. Trying to choose between white or gray subway. There's a lot of gray i the counters but don't want to be too trendy. Also would you use the 3x6? Open to other ideas. Style is modern farms house & walls in adjoining rooms are taupe grey ish/ blue accents.

コメント (12)

• PRO
    RL Relocation LLC
    7年前

also, your light bulbs have a blue tone to them, consider moving to a more yellow, warm tone 2700k ish.

• PRO
    Casey Terrell/Architectural Ceramics
    7年前

There is a warm grey from Sonoma Tilemakers called "Bossy Grey" that might look pretty there, if you want to do grey. It would be similar to the wall color, but lighter, and works with both grey and beige colors. It is a really beautiful tile.

simplytucsonさんはCasey Terrell/Architectural Ceramicsさんにお礼を言いました
  • simplytucson
    質問の投稿者
    7年前
    最終更新:7年前

I do see where you would say that from the picture. There is a lot of taupe In the floors and counters. I just hate beige- beiged out. But I do love that taupe subway tile in your 1st post. These are the rooms that open to the kitchen. I've had 30 years of gold, beige, green and cranberry(husband) and need to,lighten the feeling.

• PRO
    Kitchens Plus
    7年前

Stick with a white beveled 3x6 subway tile. The bevel gives it a great look instead of just the smooth standard subway.

simplytucsonさんはKitchens Plusさんにお礼を言いました
  • Susie .
    7年前
    I would do white to blend with the uppers. Or find a color to pull from the granite. You already have a lot of color going on with floors, granite and lower cabinets. The beveled tiles are pretty, and there are several different sizes if you want to be "different".
    simplytucsonさんはSusie .さんにお礼を言いました
  • simplytucson
    質問の投稿者
    7年前

Went & got samples of the white beveled subway today. Love it. That's what I'm using. Thanks all!

• Michaela Shipman
    7年前

You can not go wrong with white subway tile here. I think you need a bright color to lighten everything up!

simplytucsonさんはMichaela Shipmanさんにお礼を言いました
  • simplytucson
    質問の投稿者
    7年前

We just need to grout & finish some trim work. Using the granite on the windowsill. Thanks all. Used the "cream" color tile.

• PRO
    RL Relocation LLC
    7年前

just looked at your living room picture above, could you put the couches across from each other and the armchair facing the tv?

• PRO
    RL Relocation LLC
    7年前

oh BTW the tile looks very nice!!!!