Houzz Logo Print
adv1ken

how can I paint this wall red if it connects with my stair well wall?

my original idea was to have chair rail put up (painted white below) and the top half be heirloom red by valspar. However, that was before I got to see the beautiful windows and that the wall connects with the stairs. I really want my dining room to be red. How can I do this with the walls being as they are?

コメント (13)

• PRO
    Joni Koenig Interiors
    7年前

I suggest including a few more photos (with better light) for better feedback.

• Robert and Tiffany Kennedy
    質問の投稿者
    7年前
    Will do. I'll post more on Friday.
  • PRO
    Center Hill Staging
    7年前

I agree, more photos would be helpful. You can include red in your accessories instead of wall color. It is really very pleasing to the eye to add color in art, chair cushions, centerpieces, and other accessories.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    7年前

I would not paint more than one wall red BTW it will take 4- 5 coats to really work

• ocotillaks
    7年前

No on the red walls.

• ilovebooks
    7年前

Don't paint it red. The items IN your home that have meaning to you should be the focal point not the walls. That is how treasures get noticed.

• shirlpp
    7年前

Looking forward to seeing additional photos. If you want red, go for it. I have a red dining room, and yes, it required 4 coats of paint.

• Claire J
    7年前

I had a red room and it was so cheerful. If you use a darker gray primer it will go on very nice two coats..BM paint. That was told to me by a painter.

• Robert and Tiffany Kennedy
    質問の投稿者
    7年前

Sorry it's a little late, but thank you for all the advice! I think I'm just going to leave the walls as they are and add pops of the red in accents as suggested! :) But just because... here are some more photos

• acm
    7年前

Yeah, you don't really have a dining room, just a dining portion of a great room. Not good for painting a dramatic color unless you're up for full immersion! :) The red accents should be fun.

Robert and Tiffany Kennedyさんはacmさんにお礼を言いました
  • auntthelma
    7年前

I loved my red den in our previous house. But, as you can see, there is plenty of white, and the room was closed off from the rest of the house. I think in your open floor plan, the red would be too much.

Looking forward to seeing what you do. Looks like some very dramatic drapes could be fun.