Houzz Logo Print
dalekarl

Are these Medallion Lancaster cabinets?

dale ann
7年前
I am considering Lancaster in Cherry and was wondering if the vaneer center panel was darkening the same as the stiles and rails. The cabinets are really nice.
Medallion Cabinets, Shaker Style Door, Cherry Wood · 詳細

コメント (4)

• PRO
    Bouchard-Pierce
    7年前

Yes, these are Medallion silverline services Lancaster door in natural cherry stain finish. Over time the natural wood rails and stiles will darken differently than the 1/4" veneer center panel. Great finish but will very over time. Good price point. The potters mill would be the exact same door but with the 1/2" solid wood center panel with a 5 piece drawer front. That would be the best application when going with natural stain woods. Hope this info helps you out.

• dale ann
    質問の投稿者
    7年前

Would using a stain like tumbleweed help keep the color more even? I was going to use the veneer to minimize all the color variation and sapwood. I plan on also using slab drawers, which will be solid wood.

• PRO
    Bouchard-Pierce
    7年前

Yes, the more you add stain to a veneer the more even the look will be overtime against the natural solid wood. Cherry stains extremely well and will bring more of the beautiful grain out of the wood. It will also as you say show less variation and other natural characteristics that you may not like. Hope this helps with your process. Where are you located?

• dale ann
    質問の投稿者
    7年前

near Asheville, NC