Houzz Logo Print
revlynn625

I want to make roman blinds out of curtains to match a blind.

Lynn Grove
7年前

My new house has a roman blind on a small window that matches the curtains on 2 big windows. But I have put new radiators under the big windows and need to make roman blinds from the curtains. Advice please!

コメント (5)

• Catherine Byrne
    7年前
    最終更新:7年前

Hi, I've recently made a fairly big roman blind (110 wide by 240 long), and used a great kit from Terry's fabrics which worked beautifully and looks great https://www.terrysfabrics.co.uk/prod/blinds/roman-blinds/deluxe-pvc-cassette-roman-blind-kit/

Lynn GroveさんはCatherine Byrneさんにお礼を言いました
  • Juliet Docherty
    7年前

They are quite easy but a bit time consuming. I would get a book out of the library that shows the process in step by step stages. Another tip would be to use a hemming stitch to do the edges, you will get a much better finish. I think I have made about 17 of these over the years and saved a fortune.

Lynn GroveさんはJuliet Dochertyさんにお礼を言いました
  • acew1234
    7年前
    Spend time working out the spacing between the battens, if you have patterned fabric ensure its matched! I had nightmare fabric see the photo.
    the long blinds have dropped, I think due to extra weight, so the pattern doesn't quite match!
    I used rufflette Roman blind tape.
  • PRO
    Room by Room (Midlands) Ltd
    7年前

For my first roman blind I used a roman blind kit from Dunelm, worked out great. I then used those instructions to go on to make a further 12 (never buy a house with 5 sided bay windows!) and purchased the bits needed from terrysfabrics as mentioned by Catherine Byrne. They are really straightforward. The key is to take your time with your measurements/calculations and with ensuring your edges and rod pockets are straight.

Lynn GroveさんはRoom by Room (Midlands) Ltdさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Baileys Blinds Ltd
    7年前

Hi Lynn, you might find some companies - ourselves being one ;-) - will make roman blinds out of customer's own fabric. It might be worth it if you have limited fabric and you don't have room for error - as Room by Room said measuring is probably the key part of the process here.