Houzz Logo Print
leigharey

What is most real marble looking quartz on market?

I've had marble and now we're remodeling and my husband says no to marble again. Would like to know opinions of that quartz on market today has the most real like look of marble? I'm considering Calcutta Nuvo.

コメント (49)

• PRO
    WS Granite Tops
    7年前
    最終更新:7年前

We always encourage our customers to use quartz instead of marble.

So far, no complains about stains, scratches or etching.

We always use suppliers that offer warranty, there's a lot of quartz from China in the market now. Saving a couple hundred dollars its not worth the headache!

Caesarstone is great, and this color in particular is gorgeous!

Good choice.

• Chloe
    7年前

This has been my mission for the past month and I am settling on Caesarstone either Calacutta Nuvo or Statuario Nuvo. I took a bunch of pics of slabs if that helps! http://www.houzz.com/ideabooks/73149844/thumbs/caesarstone-marble-slabs 

Cambria is supposed to be coming out with a new line of "marble look" quartz this month and people say their customer service is the best. I just can't wait....

• PRO
    Cambria
    7年前

Hi Chloe,

We're so happy to hear you are excited about our Marble Collection! And it make us feel wonderful to hear our commitment to customer service is being recognized!
    Our marble collection is currently available for purchase and includes the designs below. They all offer a superior marble look with the easy maintenance of quartz!

• PRO
    Studio Haus
    7年前

The Calacutta Nuvo looks pretty similar to some marble slabs. If you're set on it looking like marble then that's the way to go. However, since you're getting quartz it may be wise to browse Cambira and Silestone just to see if some of their designs strike you. They may not look like marble, but they have some wonderful options.

• PRO
    The Kitchen Abode Ltd.
    7年前

Check out Quartex. We have just done 2 projects with this material and clients have been really excited and pleased. They have often expressed that many of the others are a bit too overwhelming or too defined, not quite natural looking.

http://quartex.com/

Here's one we are just working on.

Graham

• noa723
    7年前

I totally would definitely recommend Quartex as well. We wanted something natural looking, considered marble but didn't want the hassle, and the other marble "look alikes" just didn't quite fit the bill. We got the 4200 series and I have to say I was thrilled after the installation. It looks so natural, it's interesting and so easy to care for. We don't have to freak out every time something spills on the counters. I don't understand why word hasn't gotten around yet that Quartex is an amazing material for those who want the look of marble without the headaches.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    7年前

It isn't quartz, it's superior to quartz, but Geoluxe is the most real looking "marble":

• noa723
    7年前

i still say quartex is the most natural looking and 95% quartz. we've had it for about 6 months and love it. no worries about spills or scratching. i did a lot of research before installing this material and we're very happy and would put it in again in a heart beat....not others compare in my book...

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    7年前

noa723:

Your 95% is by weight, not volume. That's a quartz manufacturer's sales trick. You tops are probably 30% plastic.

• PRO
    Amala Raj Interiors
    7年前

A second vote for Geoluxe! Its actually a "pyrolithic stone". So there is 0% resign in the material and it is made from 100% natural minerals. The material is great indoor and outdoor (aka you can put heat on it!...something you can not do with quartz)

• noa723
    7年前

Having seen the Geoluxe I'd still go with the Quartex. Check it out. It still is the most real looking marble around from everything I've seen.

• PRO
    Amala Raj Interiors
    7年前

Noa723, just revisited the Quartex brand. It's just another brand of engineered Quartz, the colors are very similar to caesarstone and the like. Geoluxe is a totally different type of material so not comparable apples to apples. For instance, Quartz is a print on/some of the veining is poured in...The geoluxe is a liquidation process that then layers 100% natural mineral in it. Due to that, it looks much more realistic as it mimics the natural stone process and doesn't look like a print. :) plus my main thing is that it doesn't have resin so my clients don't have to worry about heat issues (makes some killer outdoor BBQS!)

• noa723
    7年前

Hi again.

I found the patterns in other quartz materials trying to simulate marble to be very "ordered" and not natural looking. Quartex is definitely a great choice worth considering, and I'm very glad we found it before doing our counters.

• wbackensto
    7年前

How is pricing with the Geoluxe? I saw this product installed and loved the look.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    7年前

I don't know Geoluxe pricing, but if I were them, no way would I be a penny less than Dekton or Neolith and each of those are more than estone or granite generally.

• PRO
    Amala Raj Interiors
    7年前

The pricing really depends on where in the world you live in... in the market I'm in (Southern California) it is a little bit less than the dekton/neoliths.

• PRO
    Quartz - Stone Care, Cleaning & Repair Experts
    6年前

Try the new range from Smartstone, some of the closest marble looks we have seen. Or something from Quantra they are also impressive

• Kari Nielsen
    4年前

Any opinon on Silestone eternal statuario? I was about to order this for my small u-shape kitchen but then saw this tread. I am on a budget and eternal statuario seems to fit the bill, but will check out Quartex, Geoluxe, Quantra and Smartstone based on the above comments. Just can't afford much b/c I'm already way over budget on my remodel. :(

• Malkin Lab
    4年前

I love the Quartex counter tops in my kitchen. They look so much like marble but without

the stain factor, so no stress. I've had them for about 3 years now and am so glad I went with this option. I'd highly recommend!

• Jennifer P
    4年前

Anyone else find the “best” marble looking quartz brands for 2020?

• PRO
    Cambria
    4年前

Hi Jennifer P, we recommend taking a look at our new 2020 designs and all of our marble alternatives by visiting our palette and filtering by collections. Hope this helps!

• User
    4年前

lwfromny that Cambria Weybourne is really pretty, and definitely what I might want one day! the pattern is subtle -- do you find that things like crumbs / coffee grinds, etc show up more? have you had a chance to put it to the test when it comes to staining?

• noa723
    4年前

Quartex, hands down! Looks so natural, no worries, no stains, no scoring.

Would use it again in a heartbeat.

• Amanda Abbott
    3年前

For those of you that chose Quartex, what was the price/SF? is it significantly lower than Cambria? As much as I love the Cambria, I don't think I"m willing to pay out 11K for my counters. :(

I LOVE the movement in ones such as Brittanicca, or Clovelly, or Gladstone.

• noa723
    3年前

Can't remember the price but I think it was quite a bit cheaper than Cambria. We put in Chic Statuario and love it! Looks like the real thing and is so easy to maintain! You can get a price at quartex.com

• User
    3年前
    最終更新:3年前

just looked up Quartex and....WOW! it's pretty! noa723 you said you had no problems with staining. what about yellowing from UV exposure? do any of your counters get hit with direct sun at all?

• lwfromny
    3年前

ILoveMod I’m just now seeing the question you asked me back in March - I’m sorry! I have been very happy with Weybourne. It’s definitely been tested in terms of staining. It’s in a vacation rental property I own and sometimes I’ve gone there a full day after people have left, only to find coffee or spaghetti sauce on it, and it’s always come right off. And much to my surprise, even though it’s really made up of different shades of white, it doesn’t show every little thing. My daughter has a pure white quartz countertop and I can’t stand it - I’m CONSTANTLY wiping it when I stay there. Weybourne is far more forgiving.

With regard to the recent comments about the most marble-looking quartz, I’ve recently discovered the Mont brand. I’m working on selecting a new countertop for a different house, and while I’m happy with Weybourne, I want something different for this property. Mont marble-look quartz is far superior to any other brand I’ve seen. I’m especially impressed with their Fantasy, Fantastico, and Yukon choices. I’m going to see if I can find some Quartex to look at now that I’ve seen this thread, but for others who are still looking, I highly recommend checking out Mont.

• Kari Nielsen
    3年前

Everyone talks about Quartex but I found that to be really expensive. We went with Silestone Eternal Statuario, I debated on the matte because I thought that looked more natural but I’m glad I went with the polished! Much easier upkeep - and it’s not super shiny like a lot of the polished quartz. It took me months and months to decide and once it was in it was a “no brainer” - ha ha after the fact. I wish someone had just said, “get this” - instead I went to all the manufacturers in San Leandro and looked at all the slabs til I was dizzy. The tiny samples look so different from the slabs. The more I looked honestly, the less I liked quartz and wanted real marble, which I couldn’t afford (nor wanted the upkeep of) , but I’m thrilled with what I ended up with eternal Statuario. (I did Ceasarstone Cosmopolitian White in my second - condo - kitchen and love that too!! But it’s totally different from the Eternal). This site and forum really helped me a lot - Good luck! Kari

• noa723
    3年前

Hi.

Yes I have a window that overlooks the counter. No yellowing, Looks the same as the day we put it in. Again I just love the natural veining. Had it for 3 years now, no problems, just beautiful! Nothing phases it. Can't say enough about it.

• noa723
    3年前

The price depends on who installs it, so look around. I got different quotes depending on who was installing it. Quartex is the manufacturer but you have to get someone to install and they set the final price. For us it was more reasonable than Cambria etc.

• User
    3年前

thanks lwfromny -- and no problem on the old question from months ago. I actually forgot that I even asked! I agree with the all plain white quartz. I love how it looks, but not practical.

• b c
    3年前

Do they sell Quartex in the Vancouver BC area

• Kate Olsen
    2年前

Where can you see a sample of the Quartex?

• mvcanada
    2年前

I don't know if Quartex is a Canadian company or not, but they have offices in Concord Ontario.

Quartex - Concord Ontario ( Just north of Toronto)

• Kate Olsen
    2年前

Where in the USA can you see samples of Quartex. I went to their website, and they said they only have distributors in Canada.

• wicketdog123
    2年前

Recently installed SiO4 Stanton in Toronto. Very pleased with it. It was this or Lucent Quartz which we found very pixelated.

• Christina A
    昨年

Hi there, May I ask how your Quartex countertops are holding up?

• noa723
    昨年

Amazingly well. every time ispill something colourful on the counter, I'm happy I didn't put in real marble. would def do it again! looks as good now as it did when it was installed!

• Christina A
    昨年

Thanks so much for sharing!!! I am having reservations because the only feedback I seem to come across is that it chips and cracks easily. May I ask if you’ve experienced any of these issues? Thanks very much again!! Hearing firsthand experience is really invaluable

• noa723
    昨年

that’s off. No problems at all for us. its very durable. i can‘t imagine how that would happen because it's about an inch and a half thick. I dont think you'll be disapponted.

• noa723
    昨年

“That’s odd”…

• User
    昨年

@noa723, can you tell me which quartex product you have? It looks like that brand has many.

It's great to see follow-up from actual customers five years later. Nice to know it's holding up well...and still no yellowing?

• noa723
    昨年

We put in Chic Statuario, the 4200 series. very happy! No yellowing. As I said, cost will depend on the installer, so shop around.

• wicketdog123
    昨年

No issues with our quartz after almost a year. No chips or yellowing. Looks brand new still.

• Avigail Cohen
    昨年

This may be late but to whoever is looking for that real marble look, you need to see the Verona Quartz Calacatta Bellezza Gold and they have the same slab without gold. Looks just like marble!

• Avigail Cohen
    昨年

This is the Calacatta Bellezza Gold - Marble look quartz