Houzz Logo Print
googoomom

getting a black granite sink and want a black faucet.

11年前
Kohler has these and Moen. Any problems with the finish coming off? Kohler will only guarantee for one year because of the black "powdercoat finish" Help!

コメント (18)

• 11年前
    Your right! Contacted Kohler, 1 yr. on the finish....Moen said lifetime! Always had Moen.
  • 11年前
    I've seen beautiful black faucets but they're really expensive in the $1000 to $2,000 range. I think I'd go for a brushed nickel or burnished bronze for contrast.
  • 11年前
    I have a brown granite sink and brown brushed faucet from moen perfect go for it
  • 11年前
    Gosh, when I read reviews on the low arc pull out it got only 3 *'s....not happy ;-(
  • 11年前
    How about a quartz sink? Have one and love it.
  • PRO
    11年前
    If you are thinking of a stainless (or brushed nickel) type faucet instead of the black, then we like the Delta Allora. It is not low arc, but the pull out sprayer works so much better than the low arc type and the faucet is both affordable and has a good track record.
  • 11年前
    Hmmm, this is getting complicated. My serving counter in the kitchen is in front of the sink. I hate the high arc standing in front of people sitting there. That's why I wanted a low arc faucet. My kitchen is black & white....white cabinets, black granite counters, black sink led me to the black faucet....ugh!
  • 11年前
    What color are your appliances and the hardware on your cabinets? I love my high arc faucet. Are you sure that the faucet will actually block the view of someone sitting at the counter? Won't their heads be higher than the arc? BTW, I originally thought you were speaking of a bathroom sink in my comment about $$$ black faucets.
  • 11年前
    There is high arch faucet that looks like a piece of art and who said because of your black and white kitchen faucet has to be black. And remember that the high arc faucet will make washing pots easier
  • 11年前
    My appliances are white....I'm kind of a traditional, classic type of decorator, and I have a lot of color on walls, fixtures, fabrics to add warmth. The faucet in front of the serving bar would literally 12 inches high. My guests always seem to congregrate at this area while I'm cooking...and eating appetizers. I just don't like the idea of passing food with the faucet in the way. The pot washing is done by hubby! I cook, he cleans!!!!
  • 11年前
    If your appliances are white then you faucet can be nickel
  • 11年前
    This is a great faucet in matte black, not sure if the style works for your kitchen but thought I'd share anyway. Even has the smart touch feature that cooks love! http://www.brizo.com/kitchen/solna/faucets/64020LF-BL.html
  • PRO
    11年前
    最終更新:11年前
    Here is a compromise if you want from IKEA - good price and 10 year guarantee and there is no worry about the black finish as it is the hosepipe part

Actually they are doing quite a number of black faucets. So worth looking at them. They are upping their game on kitchens and so far seem to have the longest guarantees/warranties on their kitchen products (up to 25 years)
    http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60257945/
  • 11年前
    Before I got my high arc faucet, I was thinking like you...will this be too high for the room? especially since my home is traditional. It's so functional and I actually like the look but if you've never had one it's a change to get used to.
  • 11年前
    Thank you all for your comments. Is the water pressure lower on a high arc faucet? Someone wrote it spash all over the sink when it is turned on. I think I have OCD cause my head is swimming trying to find a faucet. I actually more important things going on in my life. ;-0
  • 11年前
    It's easy to obsess over tiny details but you don't to make expensive mistakes either! My high arc doesn't splash in the sink.
  • PRO
    7年前

I used a Brizo in black in this kitchen, and the arc is adjustable.

Random Projects · 詳細