Houzz Logo Print
sarah_bryan1751193

Has anyone ever bought a sofa from Roger and Chris?

I've seen lots of pictures of Roger and Chris sofas, and seen people recommend them based on aesthetics, but haven't heard from anyone who actually bought one and sits on it regularly. I've got my eye on a Chesterfield and want some reassurance!

コメント (77)

• midnightcassie
    4年前

Hi, I saw this thread and wanted to contribute my 2 cents. I’ve purchased 2 sofas from Roger and Chris, and I am happy with both transactions. I love both sofas.

The transactions were years apart. I first inquired about my intentions for each purchase with various questions about the styles I was considering which were always answered promptly by Chris. In each case, I had also thoroughly researched other options as well, and my purchases ended up being more than a year after I first inquired. For me, I couldn’t find the choices in materials, colors and sizes at other stores. I have space constraints and odd room constraints. I really liked that for my Harley sofa, I had multiple length options so I could make the most of the space. What I really liked though was I asked if the left side only could be armless.. yes, it could. I am very happy with the sofa. Also, it’s heavy! It’s very well made.

I then was on the hunt for a small sectional to fit a small den. I couldn’t find what I wanted, with a look I wanted, in the size I needed elsewhere. I did find something with Roger and Chris. Upon receipt, I loved the look, material, and quality. Chris worked with me on the back cushion fill after hearing my thoughts on what I expected the cushions to feel like, and I’m happy with it.

I admit there is comfort in purchasing from C&B and Anthro (and the like), and knowing they will come and get your purchase for return, etc. I’m glad I didn’t have issues. Also, my deliveries were thankfully painless.

P.S. my only negative is I found it easiest to go to the fabric manufacturer directly for samples.

• Jen
    3年前

I was actually just googling to find out where I could leave RAVE REVIEWS for Roger and Chris when I saw this post. I’m sorry to hear about others not so great experiences, but I want to share mine. I ordered a custom leather sectional from Roger and Chris and I am beyond pleased with my experience. From the onset, Chris was helpful, answered all my questions efficiently and thoroughly, and helped me select the right leather for my needs. When I did encounter an issue, (I had made a mistake upon ordering the exact shape for my corner section, it wasn’t their fault) - but they made it right! They built and delivered a new section that was exactly what I wanted and were very fair in what I had to pay for the piece being that it was my mistake. Basically, any time I had an issue or a question, they answered and they made it right. I have been so beyond happy with my experience and I love my sofa, it’s not only gorgeous and high quality, but it is so comfortable! And as far as delivery, I had the same delivery people deliver my items both times, they were super nice and respectful and knew exactly how to assemble the couch and caused no issues. To me, this is why you buy American, this is why you pay a little more (it really wasn’t much more than other higher end retailers - and the quality is 100x better). Anyway, feel free to message me if you have any questions about my experience. I am happy to share information. I highly recommend Roger and Chris!

• Samantha
    3年前

We ended up buying a blue velvet Chesterfield and we love it!!! We got it in a timely manner and the delivery, although a bit scary (the sofa was so big we thought it wouldn't make it in) worked out fine. There was a slight tear in the fabric under the couch and I had a heart attack. A company was sent and the guy did a stand up job. All in all we are very happy with our couch. You really can't find it anywhere! I attached the couch from the website :)

https://www.rogerandchris.com/zoom/higgins-chesterfield-sofa-blue-fabric-sofas/102/471

• Diana Starr
    3年前
    最終更新:3年前

I was nervous buying from them. But, theirs was the only chesterfield i could find with sloped arms. I have waited a bit to post to see how the sofa held up. Here is my experience. I was very up front about my concerns to Chris and he answered all my questions very easily and openly. i received swatches promptly. I ordered the sofa and tracked progress with their production person. I opted for direct delivery at a higher fee to avoid the angst some folks experienced. It cost more but the sofa price was so good that the freight was ok for me. The sofa was delivered by Old Dominion freight to a warehouse in my city. It arrived fine. Ordered in mid November, delivered in mid January. Love it so much. This is the Lucille. Note that if you want one cushion vs two, you must specify that. We got the 103" and two of can squish onto it. We are both 6' tall and we just fit. 40" deep. Also, I have cats and the velvet holds up fine. The tufts are well padded and firm, while the seat is just right level of soft to firm. We added some pillows and a throw. LOVE IT.

• Samantha
    3年前

Diana, we have a cat too and I was worried about the velvet, but all is okay :) We also got a deep couch as we are close to 6 feet tall. It's so lovely!!! BTW you have a beautiful home!!!!

• PRO
    fhytu
    3年前

100% Negative experience. They used Peace transportation to schedule delivery which was a debacle. Chris of Roger and Chris didn’t care that the delivery company scheduled a date for delivery and didn’t show. Then lied about it. Seriously I wasted an ENTIRE Saturday. Then Emily from Roger and Chris said they can send it with another company 4 weeks later. Unacceptable. All because I couldn’t be available on the date THEY choose because of a prior commitment. So Chris just refunded the price of the custom order instead of working to fix the issue. True story! Must be nice to be in a position to just give up a $4000 Sale because your delivery company is not customer centric. If Peace Transport from NC is involved...run. Also chose to get your sofa elsewhere from an American company that cares. They all get them manufactured elsewhere but it all comes down to customer service. You deserve to be treated as a valued customer.

• Samantha
    3年前

So sorry to hear that.

• Kieran Bessert
    3年前

My Significant other and I found R+C on Pinterest while in the process of designing the look of our upcomming first apartment together. We loved the aesthetic very much, and contacted them about some swatches after making a list of our favorite pieces. Chris was the one who I was in contact with for the majority of the designing process and he was very promt with answering the questions we had. We ordered our first set of swatches soon after. It took 3 total batches of swatches until we had settled on the fabrics and colors. Pictured here is a 91’’ Higgins sofa in Nassimi Prince Sapphire and a 41’’ Alfie chair in Como Emerald. The pieces of furniture have exceeded our expectations in look and quality, and we are very happy to have ordered them. The wait was long but worth it. A 5/5 rating.

There are many complaints here about the delivery with different companies, and we had been assigned D&D Delivery Service from North Carolina. This was the worst portion of the entire experience. Communication with the delivery company was difficult, with unreturned emails, calls, and unanswered questions. I had been quoted $550 for delivery from Emily from shipping department of R+C, and a week before delivery I was contacted by D&D and told that since stairs may be involved that there would be an additional $2000 charge, which is ridiculous. I immediately contacted Emily from R+C and she sorted out the issue with the delivery company. The delivery day was set for a Thursday and on the day before the delivery I was contacted and told it would be delayed to that Sunday. The delivery itself went smoothly, on time, and without hiccup or incident. The delivery people were kind, efficient and assuring. The delivery drivers were bar none the best thing about D&D, I would give them a 5/5, but the woman I had communication with I would give a 2/5.

In conclusion I would HIGHLY recommend R+C for anyone looking for quality furniture that looks amazing, although the delivery process may be exhausting.

• vdaoust
    3年前
    最終更新:3年前

I bought the Blythe and it is not as comfortable as it should be for my family room. Although the seats are deep, the back cushions are too tick, so we end up not having enough space to be comfortable. I would suggest at least to buy the special one that is deeper. I was seduce by the design, but the comfort is not that great also because the cushions are not feather (not even a certain %), so they are a little hard. Chris himself told me that his sofas were more comfortable than Lee Industrie (very good quality sofa), but I don't agree with him, now. Personally, I will live with my sofa, but if you are looking for something very comfy, think twice before buying Blythe's sofa (witch, by the way, is supposed to be the most comfortable of Chris and Roger's entire collection). If you care only about the design, go for it. But if you care about comfort, don't sacrifice it for the design : you will regret it. Good luck in your search.

• robilinn
    3年前

vdaoust, If you don't mind, could you please say what the color of your Blythe sofa is? I've been searching for a nice light blue and I love this color in your photo :)

• kaarenvalihora
    3年前

I spent a month pouring over the Roger and Chris website. Beautiful things, reasonable prices, though I was worried everything was a bit on the large side, if not just huge. I finally contacted them wanting to see actual fabric samples and discuss shipping to Canada. “Chris” told me he would get a shipping quote, and order the fabric samples. He warned they could be hard to get. At that I had to pause. If I am dealing with an entirely online, custom-made furniture store, I expect some customer service, including readily available fabric samples, shipped out immediately. Anyway, the samples never arrived, and based on comments I'd read here, I was not that surprised. I waited three weeks, and then contacted again. Chris told me he'd look into the fabric samples, and said shipping would be to a freight warehouse in my city, but still no quote. And then he disappeared. I never heard back. Nothing. So all that lovely website stuff, about how nice they are and how much they love what they do, and how they ship things everywhere, etc., etc. I'd say, as someone suggested much earlier, it's all just marketing. I turned my attention to the sofas at One King's Lane. Perhaps not as much fabric selection, but excellent customer service, beautiful things, reasonably priced, and people who actually know what they are doing. In a word, easy. At R&C, I felt I would have to do all the work, and still risk getting nowhere. No thanks.

• Samantha
    3年前

Sorry to hear that. I would do the same.

• Christi Derreberry
    3年前

I love my Atticus, black leather, 2 cushion, no tuft. It's perfect and comfortable!

• HouzzUser-539156671
    3年前

I had a chesterfield delivered this past September. Two buttons have fallen off. Extremely disappointed with the quality as the sofa was $4500.

• robilinn
    3年前

Kaarenvalihora, I had pretty much the same issues with R & C. It's really disheartening. After reading their website, I had such a good feeling about them. I did finally get a few samples, but very small and in sad condition. I just don't understand why it's not important to them. I can't imagine spending that amount of money and ordering a large main piece of furniture based on no swatches, or something so small and used looking. I wish they lived up to who they say they are for us folks that are not local, and would like to give them our business.

• Deero Roro
    2年前

Big R&C fan here. Have ordered two pieces and will order more. I ordered the Basel chair and a half in a peaty lentil green amboise velvet, and it is a fabulous chair. The perfect "sit" and the construction and upholstering is top notch. I also worked with Chris to design the Coach sofa (and they were endlessly patient) and I truly could not be happier with the sofa. Yes, delivery was not as smooth on the chair as on the sofa (after I complained, they found a fabulous shipping company to deliver the sofa). Am going to order an ottoman sleeper and maybe also a shearling chair. The ability to custom-design is really a huge plus for me.

• Madeleina deLaMans
    2年前

I ordered R&C at the end of Feb. I am not upset about the fact that I am waiting longer than anticipated because I do know that things are precarious in all supply chains right now. I am peeved a bit on the process and notification, however. You will have to chase down every meaningful update after your first 1/2 payment and "hey, we are starting your project by ordering materials". (When they note a 60 day average build, maybe update on day 65 or so when they anticipate it going 4-5 weeks longer?! Part of good customer service is managing expectations, people!)

Shipping will be super frustrating. After full payment, you will have to chase them down to see which shipper they use. Then do not expect any further communication from anyone. I paid and waited a month for the promised notification from the shipper that they had received my order before I finally called the shipper. (Oh so thrilled that it is now at least 2-3 more weeks before they will even think about shipping.) Additionally note that for my shipping company (Peace Transport) the number on the phone will be registered to "American Rattan and Wicker", so you might not expect that or answer it.

This couch and chair had better be GLORIOUS or I am going to forever equate them to the pandemic and this experience and prefer to sit on the floor.

• Madeleina deLaMans
    2年前

They are glorious! Everything else went smoothly and I received my stuff last week. (R&C gave the shipper the wrong #.) I got a Higgins in Lafayette and a Pegeen in Cortina. I was worried about comfort, and they both are awesome! The Higgins is cushy enough to be a comfortable couch, but firm enough to support getting back out. I think it is sheer perfection on a comfort stage. There is enough sheen on the Lafayette to make me happy while still holding up to the doggo getting up there. The Pegeen is a touch more supportive (and in leather, so that helps) and is also comfortable. (The chair was for the hubby, but I love it and may co-opt it more than he expected. We may get another.)

• HouzzUser-936916322
    2年前

I just received my Basel sofa, in velvet, a couple days ago from Rodger and Chris...I am very pleased with the results...the sofa is exactly how I imagined and wanted...it's beautiful!....It is the right dimensions and the velvet (como verde) is gorgeous...the most comfortable sofa I have ever had....I did read all the reviews and comments(positive and negative) of past customers.....I was mailed several fabric samples I requested but still I was abit leary to buy such a big piece of furniture online without actually sitting on one in person but it's perfect....my sofa arrived in excellent condition...the transporters were professional and quick...called a half hour to when they arrived at my house....I had no problems with Rodger and Chris...though I never talked to them personally, I did with a young gal who worked for them(cannot remember her name)...I never had any problems...the only difficulty was the wait...it took about 6 months from start to finish(well, we have Covid and lumber shortage issues)before it arrived at my house, but it was well worth the wait!!...I would buy from them again...

• mocxr
    2年前

I have a Roger and Chris sofabed that is gorgeous but SO uncomfortable as a sofa and as a bed. Nobody sits on it for more than a minute and forget sleeping on it. I took Chris’ advice and went with the memory foam mattress so the sofa would be softer but it’s like sitting on cement.

When I ordered my sofa they had a free pillow promotion and sofa came without the pillows. It took forever - and social media pressure - to get them to honor the promotion.

• colonialgp
    2年前

So I was about to order the Alfie. We received samples very quickly and found the perfect fabric. However after reading these reviews I have serious reservations about this company. Anybody have another good NC company that makes 80" L sofas? Cococo sofas are too big for us.

• Claudette Nicholas
    2年前

We had a great experience with R&C! They answered all my questions by phone then several email back and forth. They offered to send fabric samples but I already had them from Cococo. We ordered a Higgins sofa in Como Indigo Velvet and coordinating chaise lounge in Mont Blanc Larkspur leather. They contacted me regularly via email with updates. The items arrived today so I can't speak of their longevity, but they are absolutely gorgeous and very solid/high quality! I would absolutely do business with them again!

• amm389389
    2年前

@colonialgp, Cococo has 72” & 80” sofas, they just categorize them as loveseats.

• Greg McDonald
    2年前

Let me start of by saying the 5 pieces of furniture I purchased from Roger and Chris, may be the best furniture I have ever owned. The quality of these pieces is outstanding. Honestly, I was speechless after the white glove delivery service left. I just kept going from piece to piece sitting on them. Touching them. Marveling at the level of quality that I haven’t seen from the vast majority of modernly made furniture.

Let me start of with the foundation of these pieces. The frame. Sitting in any of the 4 chairs and the couch I bought you can feel how sturdy they are. I don’t mean blocky. I don’t mean heavy. I mean, these pieces were designed and built to supply a lifetime or more of support. There is no creaking, no shifting, no twisting or skewing in these pieces. They literally cradle you in support.

Next is the cushion. This is one of the things we just take for granted when picking furniture. Well, the quality of foam, springs, webbing, and magic that are used in all these pieces is top notch. Since these pieces are custom made, Roger and Chris give you the ability to pick the level of firmness to suit your needs. I’m in my mid 50’s, my need for support is a bit more than when I was in my 20s – 30s. The level of firmness is exactly what I wanted in each piece. Even after sitting in one of the chairs for a couple hours, the firmness level remained the same. You might think that’s no big deal, but with most modern furniture, body heat and the cushion material seem to relax a bit more than what we like, and you go from comfortable to mushy. Not here, you are cradled in comfortable support the entire time. Again, the quality of material used shines through.

LEATHER. All 5 of my pieces are covered in leather. Not just any leather, but the EXACT leather I wanted. The color, the thickness, and the grain are exactly what I wanted. After marveling at the selection of materials from their site; Roger and Chris sent me two packages of leather samples, and I was able to find the exact color, grade and grain that I wanted. The quality of the leather is not only visible, but the feel of it is simply night and day between what you find in most mass marketed furniture today. Even the places that claim to be high end, don’t come close to this. Trust me I looked before I went with Roger and Chris, and some of the furniture I looked at, sat on, and touched... Not. Even. Close.

Lastly, their service. Top Notch. These are the first pieces of custom furniture I have ever had made. Roger and Chris’s website offers a wide selection of designs and enormous selection of materials. It can be daunting. I had a bunch of questions that I emailed them. Expecting I would eventually get some generic reply from someone who worked in customer service group. Nope. I received an email from Roger and Chris design assistant who asked if I wanted a zoom call with Chris. YES, PLEASE. Rachael setup a Zoom Teleconference where she and Chris spent 30-45 minutes answering not only my questions, but asking me about my home, lifestyle, and aesthetic and turned that around into advice about which of their pieces would fit for my style and which materials would be best for the things that I liked.

Within two weeks I placed my order. That was back at the end of June 2021. My pieces just arrived this past weekend. Because of Covid their build time is a bit longer than normal, but a lot shorter than the delivery time frame from the big manufacturers who are importing furniture from overseas. Roger and Chris built my furniture in North Carolina. American workers, building high quality goods. By the way, don’t tell them this, but for the quality of these pieces, their prices are a freaking steal. They kept me informed through the entire process. When the frame was built. When my material arrived. When the furniture was packed for shipping. When it was shipped.

Push all my gushing to the side. The 5 pieces of furniture Roger and Chris made for me are heirloom quality. They will last a lifetime and I will pass them on to someone who will enjoy them for years to come. I could not be happier. Well, that’s not true. I need another sofa for the living room. I know exactly who is going to make it for me.

• yalicewebster
    2年前

What color and fabric is your sofa? I love it!

• HouzzUser-535425363
    昨年

After $6k, i now own the least comfortable couch in the world. at least she looks good. im not kidding though. the chesterfield is hell on legs.

• pnunez1948
    昨年
    最終更新:昨年

I purchased two beautiful 92” Alfie leather sofas from Roger & Chris in 2021. Unfortunately, the sofa depth was not the measurement that I ordered - they ended up about three inches deeper, and when I sit all the way back, my legs stick straight out. I am not short at 5’5”, but they are so uncomfortable. I immediately reported the problem, and Chris promised to make matching lumbar cushions, but it never came to pass. After about ten emails back and forth, I finally gave up. I paid $4K per sofa and now I will try to sell and buy somewhere else in person in the future. Super nice guy, but I cannot recommend Roger & Chris furniture.

• Jen
    昨年

I also would not recommend unfortunately. I really wanted to love this brand, this company and this couch, but it was one of the most expensive furniture pieces I ever bought, and it just wasn’t worth it. Custom sectional and storage ottoman. The leather is very nice, however the cushions are always sinking and looking terrible, the frame is broken in two sections, the things holding the cushions in place have all snapped, and because they made it wrong the first time, the leather on the corner piece that they replaced (at my expense for their mistake. I tried to be nice about it and chalk it up to a “miscommunication” but it should have been made right the first time) is a completely different feel and shade than the rest of the couch. Numerous efforts back and forth with customer service, new inserts shipped to me (twice!) and the problems still exist. I have run out of energy trying to get this couch right, when I can afford it one day, I’ll get a new one from somewhere else and this will end up in marketplace somewhere unfortunately.

• HouzzUser-549891536
    昨年

This is a followup to my initial review we have now had our olive green chesterfield for a few years. i thought folks would want to know that the bench cushion we got has held its shape perfectly and the fabric is not even remotely saggy. Additionally, we have a cat that plays very aggressively on it, parkour kitty, and this had caused no damage at all she launches off of it with her back claws, which we thought would tear it. Not an issue. The velvet is also very short pile, soft but dense enough to not grab kitty hairs--at all i have a white calico cat and a tortoise shell cat. no hair deposits. great fabric and great construction

• Daria Roithmayr
    昨年

I've also had great luck with my moss green velvet Basil chair. Same comments as above. Held shape perfectly. Looks as new as when I bought it. Very comfortable. I also bought a custom leather sofa (what is now called the "Coach," and offered widely), and the same is true for the sofa as for the chair. I had a great experience with R&C, with the exception of delivery on the chair, and they found a much better delivery company for the sofa, so they were wonderfully responsive. Buy and you won't regret it! Quality, quality, quality.

• PRO
    Singing River Partners, LLC
    昨年

I had a HORRIBLE experience with them. I don’t understand. I ordered a 72” chesterfield loveseat June 6th of 2022. When I went on their website, they said “manufacturing from order to out the door is average of 60 days”. This was the primary factor that made me order from them as opposed to elsewhere. While I understand this is an estimate and wasn’t a definitive date, I would have expected it around that time. That would have put the delivery date at end of August, with a couple weeks cushion. NOT SO MUCH. Here I am today, February 24th 2023 and it was just delivered this morning. That is 9 months later. It is hard as a rock as well. I can bounce a medicine ball off of it and those things don’t bounce. No one is sitting on that thing.

They have recently crossed out the part on their website with the expected delivery date. They had nothing but excuses every time I contacted them. COVID, the material is back ordered, I heard it all. I am beyond furious and will never order from them again and will certainly not let anyone I know or asks me about them order from them.

• debbym, Tempe, AZ Zone 9
    昨年

I commented earlier in this thread about negative experience with Roger and Chris. I have since ordered chairs for Cocco and find them marginally better to deal with, but not much. The furniture quality seems about the same. I had big problems with the delivery people for my second chair from Cocco; the guy did not call first, showed up when I was on my way to an appointment and insulted me when I told him he had to come back. I complained to the shipping company and, after a week delay, they sent another person out to deliver the chair. Shipping company was just detestable. Don't know if I would order from Cocco again, based on this very negative experience.

• felizlady
    昨年

I like a sofa with a backrest high enough for my entire back up to my neck…a back cushion that doesn’t even reach my shoulder is too low for comfort.

• raphi0410
    昨年

I appreciate people posting their comments and saving me the aggravation!

• Jason Hartman
    昨年

Hi,

I just received my R+C sofa and wanted to share that I also have mixed reviews.

I ordered a the Bobby modem in Nassimi Jay color Fog.

I had a few question and called their HQ and was surprised that a person answered who was also extremely knowledgeable about size and ability to fit in my house. She quoted a 6 month lead time and suggested next steps to enter my order via the website.

As soon as I entered my order (early November 22’) Chris responded with a confirmation and the invoice. I paid the 50% and received a few updates about production starting, fabric templating/cutting, etc. over next few months.

On January 18th the sofa was completed and I was asked to pay the remaining balance and Peace Transport would deliver my sofa when they had a full truck of furniture in my area of the county (St Louis, MO). I will admit it’s a little frustrating knowing the sofa was finished but we had to wait for the truck to fill up. But my expectations may be a little skewed (unreasonable) by receiving small goods in couple days or sooner.…

On March 13th I received a call feom Peace Transport that they would like to deliver my sofa on March 20th and I needed to pay the invoice of $432. They would take a credit card for an additional fee or I could send a money order. I hate paying additional surcharges so I had my bank draft a money order.

March 20th rolled around without a confirmation of of the delivery window so I called the morning of and was told the delivery truck would arrive between 11am-3pm.

They arrived at 1:00. The drivers complained about the size and weight of my sofa but managed to install it in the room without issue. It was a very typical final mile delivery experience. Though probably not white glove in most people's opinion.

The sofa is awesome and my wife and I love everything about it. this was our first custom piece of furniture. Its 110 inches long and there is zero flex in the frame when one side is lifted. Its built like a tank and I'm sure it will last a very long time. The cushions are firm but comfortable.

I did share with my wife that it is a bit unfortunate and slightly disappointing to have the delivery experience take so long and just be so-so.… but they did hit the 6 month lead time they quoted and product is amazing.

I’d give R+C an ”A” for pre-order & production communication and responsiveness and the deliver experience a ”C-“. The product quality is an A+.

Could they elevate the overall experience by leveraging a different shipping company? Maybe… but I’ve bought a lot large items, appliances, etc. and have had issues on more than one occasion with other logistics companies.

Overall my wife and I are happy and we would buy another piece of furniture from R+C.

I hope our experience helps you make an informed decision.

• Ryan F
    昨年

I ordered a chesterfield sofa with an attached chaise on October 8, 2022 and still haven't seen it or heard from them. I emailed them 2 weeks ago (3/11/23) for an update and haven't heard back. Their website states an average of 4-5 months to manufacture, and I believe that is for 1 small chair with no cushions. That does not include shipping time. I'm ok with the time it takes if I hear from them about delays or something. I hate to bag on them without having the couch but not getting any info at all from them is not ok to me especially for the price I paid. I'm also seeing a lot of negative comments on their FB about quality and R+C failing to respond to peoples inquiries. So far I am not impressed and will be looking to get a full refund if I do not hear back in the next few days.

It really "grinds my gears" to see the reviewer above me ordered a month after and has already received their sofa while I cannot even get a response about the status of the sofa I ordered.

• Mindy Barancik
    昨年

I just received my Blythe sofa...and I'm in love! From order date to delivery, it was 6-1/2 months. Yes, it was a long time. However... for the style and quality, absolutely worth it. I too was getting frustrated with the long manufacturing time. The best way to get in touch with them is to call, rather than email. When I was getting anxious at the wait time, they were incredibly responsive by phone.

However, once I saw how beautiful, and comfortable!, this sofa is, I'm so very happy. If you don't want a box looking sofa or some "it'll do" piece of furniture, I highly recommend taking a deep breath, knowing it will take a long time, and going for it. I don't want to buy another sofa again for several years. I didn't want a disposable one... this is a gorgeous and comfortable piece of furniture that I anticipate will last for ages. 6-1/2 months was a small price to pay for the quality and customizable options they have. I only wish they make beds!

• Elizabeth farrow
    昨年

Higgins 118 inch split bench Sofa in Gramercy Fiji velvet with a matching ottoman Ordered Sept 12, 2022. Feb 15, 2023 it was still

a nakid pice of wood “waiting on delayed fabric.” After 6 months It was finally completed. The “White glove” D&D delivery (you are at their mercy for being available on the delivery date they assign then rescheduled) Finally delivered March 30, 2023. Is it beautiful absolutely 💯 yes. The tufting is artful and the velvet fabric is luxurious. The nailhead trim is on the front and sides. But disappointingly does not continue to the back of the sofa and looks incomplete. Is it comfortable? NO. The seats are extremely solid oddly firm, No give, and not as thick as expected. I would NOT recommend this as a lounging sofa. Upon delivery we immediately noticed the sofa has a slight unevenness not quite level so we needed to place a spacer under the leg.- Quality issue- but sucking it up after a 6 +month wait. Sofa came without any paperwork or end of sale follow up from R&C. The delivery company had us sign their paperwork and that was all. Idk but when spending almost 5k on something custom maybe a little enjoy your new furniture note from R+C and a little fabric care sheet would be a nice touch.

The company strength is marketing and online presence. Im not feeling that customer satisfaction is key. The listed Manufacture is -Timeless American Furniture.

Once R+C get your $ you just hope for the best 🤷‍♀️.

Overall beauty 5 ⭐️

Comfort 2 ⭐️

Value 3 1/2 ⭐️

We did research this purchase.

I had visited Cococo showroom in Manhattan

their chesterfield was very similar more comfortable but almost 2k more. I also reviewed Dream Sofa online.

Never again would I spend this kind of $ without checking that looks match comfort.

• PRO
    All Things Material
    昨年

Not having any fun with Roger and Chris even though they appear to be having a blast on their site.

Jan 15, 2023 I ordered a Basil Sofa with Nassami fabric in blue. I am in the interior design business, but my focus is in the window treatment portion. I deal with ordering fabrics, advising customers of expected delivery, making all treatments myself, etc. I was told by Roger and Chris to expect a late April 2023 delivery. Selected fabric was in stock (I asked), all systems go. I was anxious for an update so on March 4th I emailed for status. Received a reply that she looked into my order and it was moving up the queue and the team is ordering all items necessary to complete my project. First Red Flag. Just now ordering my stuff? I paid in January and THATS when it should have been ordered. It's what you do when you receive a deposit.

Last week, 4/21, I emailed for an update. No response, so I emailed this week. No response. I called and left a message. Got a return call from office staff 4/27 telling me fabric is not in as of yet. What? It's the end of April and I should be getting the call that it's sent to the delivery company. Fabric was in stock when I sent deposit. She also told me completion date should be end of August. I said that's twice the time I was quoted, totally unacceptable. I told her the March 4 email would have been the time to tell me the fabric was not in stock. Needless to say I am not happy. She said she will find out more next week as the warehouse is closed Friday and Monday. I will tell you in my business and others I know in the custom product business, once deposit is received all items are ordered. Then if an issue arises of non-available items you contact the customer asap to advise and give options such as reselect fabric, continue with delay or cancel. They did none of this and I'm certain if I had not reached out to them this week I would have never been contacted. I will wait for my call next week when the warehouse opens back up and decide how to proceed from there. Reading everyone's comments on the delivery process is not encouraging. My delivery is $500.

Lisa

• gradyfamily
    10か月前

Have you received the sofa yet? I am thinking you have not since they are now telling you August. I believe I will look elsewhere. Thanks for the update.

• PRO
    All Things Material
    10か月前

I have not. i reselected my fabric because they could get stock quicker than my original fabric. I receive updates on progress from Chandler, who is very helpful.

I believe my fabric has arrived and the sofa is in production. i post updates as i receive them.

lisa

• Dioxazine Violet
    10か月前

These mixed reviews confirm my theory about newer ”furniture” companies—and most DTC businesses that keep popping up. Seems like they were all started by folks who know nothing about the goods theyre selling and yet somehow managed to rustle up a boatload of VC cash.. Business model appears to be based mainly on social media and marketing flash, with the hope that once in a while, the stuff theyre hawking hits the mark. Ugh.

• PRO
    All Things Material
    9か月前

Update! My sofa will be delivered this Saturday, July 15. My original shipping charge was estimated to be be approximately $500 but will actully be $275. I’m Thrilled!

i will provide pictures and update next week on how everything goes.

Stay Tuned 😁

• PRO
    All Things Material
    9か月前

UPDATE. Sofa scheduled for delivery this Saturday, July 15, between 1p and 6p.

Shipping originally quoted by R+C was $500, but will be $275. AWESOME 🤩

I will update once received with photos and details.

• PRO
    All Things Material
    9か月前

Sofa Has Arrived. Absolutely love it. I have pictures of the 1) Peace Transport Delivery Truck 2) How the sofa was wrapped for transport 3) Two pics of s

ofa set in place.

Just one note, I requested a firm cushion and believe me when I say it is very firm. Almost NO give when you sit on it, but I know this will change over time. Very happy and highly recommend.

• clt3
    9か月前

Looks uneven to me. Right back looks taller than left back.

• PRO
    All Things Material
    9か月前

No, that is not the case. I'm sure it's my picture taking. Sofa is perfect.

• skymonkey2000
    8か月前

How are you liking the feel of the sofa now that you have had it for a little while?

• PRO
    All Things Material
    8か月前

We love it!

i have recommended roger and chris to several friends. i would definitely purchase from them again.

Lisa

• Jason-Todd Gonzalez
    先月
    最終更新:先月

What we thought would be one of the most favorable experiences in buying our first sofa, turned out to be less than that. We actually spoke directly via email with Chris of Roger and Chris and he was very professional and thorough with all the details prior to our purchase. We felt confident with our purchase and also knowing it was backed by a lifetime warranty.

After spending much time, going over fabric choices, colors and sizes we finally decided what we wanted and place our order on July 13th 2021. 4 months later when we were contacted in November, that the sofa was completed, we made our final payment and set up a time for the sofa to be delivered. Considering that the whole world was dealing with delays with Covid from the year prior we knew there would be somewhat of a delay, so we didn’t receive our sofa until January 2, 2022.

The third-party delivery company that Roger and Chris use, D+D delivery, called they had a delivery which was a day earlier. When the driver initially contacted me on my phone, he stated that he was down a delivery guy and asked if I would be willing to help move the sofa into the house. I told him that was no problem, but asked if there would be a price adjustment for the fact that I'm having to help with the delivery. He said no, and so I contacted their office and spoke to a young girl who blatantly said no there would be no price adjustment and to consider how the driver feels having to deliver alone. ARE THESE PEOPLE SERIOUS! I told her, ‘I’m not trying to be rude, but honestly that isn’t my problem and if he was going to be down a driver, your office should’ve made arrangements to have somebody else available.’

I did end up getting a $60 reduction from the initial $360 charge but was asked to Zelle the remaining $300 to the drivers bank account which I found odd but I followed through and did receive a receipt.

When the driver finally arrived, he called that he was two blocks away at a car wash and for some reason he couldn’t maneuver into the neighborhood, which I found highly implausible as I’ve had deliveries from Restoration Hardware, Design Within Reach and other deliveries, and no one ever had a problem.

The driver ended up running the sofa down two blocks on a cart, and when he finally got to the front of the sidewalk, he lifted the sofa up on one of its sides, and proceeded to summersault it down the sidewalk until I intervened, and told him I would help him carry it in.

Once the sofa was in the house unwrapped he prepared to put the feet on. I was admiring how amazing the sofa looked but after a couple of minutes, I started to recognize something wasn’t quite right .

When he finally turned the sofa upright, I realize that the sofa which was supposed to have 4 button and tufts on the inside of each arm, only had 3 leaving a remaining 15 inches of flat fabric towards the back which made the sofa look odd . I contacted Roger and Chris immediately and spoke to Kaylee head of customer service and she apologized and assured me that R+C would see that everything would be taken care of. I also sent photos that same day.

On January 6 I did hear from Christopher Evans manager of quality control. He said he would speak with his team and get back to me about a resolution. It wasn’t until the January 21st when Mr. Evans finally contacted us back and stated that the sofa would end up having to be returned to the factory in North Carolina, which would take 6 to 8 weeks to get it to them, two weeks to repair it and an additional 6 to 8 weeks to bring it back. In addition, it would be another 2 to 3 weeks on top of this to set up a time for D+D to pick up the sofa. On the 25th, my partner and I emailed them back and said OK it’s a go, and that same day I received an email that Christopher Evans was no longer with the company and Kaylee was actually going to take over.

Like OMG someone get this ball rolling!!!

So here we are going into February and the sofa is still sitting in our house, and nothing has actually been done at this point. In the 3 weeks we waited to have the sofa picked up we began experiencing other issues with it.

Every time we sat down on the sofa, the back constantly cracked and creaked. I knew sofas tend to have a bedding period and expected it to completely subside but in the three weeks we did have the sofa it never stopped, and then one evening my partner stood up to get some water, and as he stood up a support band under the sofa popped away under the cloth bottom. We brought these additional concerns up to Chris Hazzard, and he reassured that everything would be checked out and repaired once the sofa got back to the factory.

The sofa finally got picked up near the end of February, and despite being told we would be sent updates to keep us in the loop, we didn’t hear a word about the sofa until June 20th 2022 that it was completed. Now the sofa delivery was going to be another 7 weeks away, making to sofa delivery a week passed ONE YEAR to the date we actually placed the order. I'm surprised that R+C just didn't fabricate a new sofa altogether but made us wait this out for a whole year.

When we were eventaully contacted by D+D delivery to schedule a time for the sofa to finally be delivered, I believe was a Tuesday or Wednesday, the associate asked what days would work for us? I told them Sunday, Monday Tuesday and Saturday and she then quickly said that none of those days were an available option and would have the sofa delivered on a Wednesday, (like, why ask me then)

I told her I would have to get back with her as I would have some trouble trying to rearrange my client schedules in order to be at home that day for a delivery, mind you she didn’t even mention a deadline to get back with her. It was a bit of hassle trying to re-organize my work schedule and trying to get the time off. D+D was closed that Friday for the weekend so I figured I would wait until early Monday morning at 7 AM to call them. When I did, I told them I would be available for Wednesday and then she hesitantly told me that the delivery truck had already left North Connecticut to Texas, and that my sofa was left at the North Connecticut factory, and that I would have to reschedule another delivery 4 weeks out. BY THIS POIINT , WE WERE DONE! I ended up requesting a refund and just couldn't believe all this BS over the sofa. I received a full refund but was out of my $300 for delivery.

Ironically a month later after all was said and done, I randomly get a call from D+D delivery that our sofa was being scheduled for delivery and when I told them we had been refunded, they didn't even know and a month later the sofa was still sitting at the 3rd party delivery warehouse! AFTER EVERYTHING, I thought, MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, it was meant for us to keep the sofa and after contacting Chris Hazzard about working something out I was met with no response.

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE ALL AROUND!