Houzz Logo Print
vickik18

Kitchen flooring

vickik18
7年前

I have finally chosen a matt off white (bone) shaker style kitchen with beech wood worktops. Now I am stuck with what flooring to go for. Do I go with a matching colour wood flooring or tiles. I think i wood prefer tiles but do I get matt or polished and what colour would compliment?

コメント (3)

• PRO
    The British Wood Flooring Company
    7年前

Hi Vicki, we could help with a wood floor option? If sealed correctly these work well in a kitchen environment and would compliment the shaker style, espeically if you considered a reclaimed oak floor. Please see our website www.britishwoodflooring.co.uk for more ideas. Many thanks David

• PRO
    Floors of Stone
    7年前

Hello,

We have lots of tile options - both natural stone and porcelain - which you can see on our website here: http://www.floorsofstone.com/

I've attached a couple of images from our customers who have had off white (linen) coloured Shaker kitchens alongside our tiles. The Premium Classic Travertine are the warmer, more modern looking tiles and the image with the blue cooker has our Umbrian Limestone on the floor.

It depends on your style and how busy your household is as to the best finish. Generally customers prefer a matt finish in the kitchen, to minimise the risk of slipping. Polished tiles tend to be a lot more slippy, which isn't great if you have little ones running around!

Hope this helps.

Sophie // Floors of Stone

• PRO
    Rock and Wood
    7年前

Hi Vicki

Its the classic question we get all of the time at Rock and Wood. I would be considering something thats not polished, i agree with Sophie at Floors Of Stone, Polished in the kitchen is very slippery!

Natural Stone, Oak or oak effect porcelain are your choices.

Natural Stone - Each piece is totally unique and will look fantastic for many years to come providing you choose the right stone for your house hold (agree with Sophie again), we would ask 'what is your brief?' do you have messy children and a or a dog? we have hard wearing, put it down and forget about it stones just for that brief. or are you a 'take off your shoes and put slippers on' kind of person, who would like a stunning creamy fossil limestone?

Oak - I agree with David, thats if the oak is treated well then its a great option. We have some great new Loft oak boards

Oak tiles - These are great but watch out for the cheap versions! they look plastic... we have a new range from Italy that i would be happy to discuss with you.

Take a look at our new site http://www.rockandwoodinteriors.com/ and if you would like to chat about your project then drop us an email or call us.

Hope this helps,

Warm regards, Jamie // Rock and Wood

Brushed & Oiled Oak Floor

Old White Limestone 60x90 Flags
    Oak Tile

Oak Tile