Houzz Logo Print
ocean_clarke

Fish tanks - like or loathe?

Would you ever consider a fish tank in your home or is that a complete no go?

Are they calming or a pain - you tell us!

CHELSEA TOWNHOUSE No 1 · 詳細

Love
Loath
Simply dislike

コメント (17)

• PRO
    Lymewood Architectural Joinery
    7年前

Tranquility and peace in your home

• PRO
    AG Interiors
    7年前

not for me .....

• PRO
    Amber Jeavons Ltd
    7年前
    最終更新:7年前

Hello Ocean,

I have to say I think they can be amazing.. If they are expansive! So something more aquarium than tank.. So there's a feel of a natural environment.. your name rather than 4 glass walls some plastic sea weed and a ship wreck! :))

• Ocean Clarke
    質問の投稿者
    7年前

I'm actually not usually a fan but I love the first!

• PRO
    Amber Jeavons Ltd
    7年前

Hello Ocean,
    Yes indeed, I love it too.. Beautiful accessories and created environment for the fish that is suited to their specific needs, along with beautiful fish make extraordinary additions to the interior of the room they are in. They make for a really mesmerising focus.. :))

• PRO
    The Bulb Co
    7年前

Hi Ocean, I love fish tanks, but could be because I'm biased as I have one at home with some stunning marine fish in it :-) They do take a lot of work to get them looking nice though so thats why it can put a lot of people off as there's nothing worse than having a fish tank in your home that is poorly maintained and full of algae! They are very relaxing though to look at. Would love to have one as big as the ones suggested by AJ INTERIOR STYLING LTD but just dont have the room, maybe when a big lottery win comes along!!

• PRO
    Amber Jeavons Ltd
    7年前

I'm with you The Bulb co A fish tank, Lotto or a million clients.. I love my work :))

• paula_banks81
    7年前

Hello, I have been keeping fish for a fair few years and think they can be very beautiful. There is an art of keeping a planted tank too, that looks amazing, think bonsai keeping underwater! When it comes to maintainence though tanks can be a pain, with a commitment of at minimum a couple of hours every fortnight and if there is a leak or a pump issue, yikes! If there is someone in the home willing to commit to the maintenance and who understands fish and their needs, I would say a tank is a wonderful asset to a home.

• Laraine Clarke
    7年前
    The tanks shown look wonderful, but I really wouldn't want to keep any animal or pet that would not stay with me voluntarily.
  • angelboyman
    7年前

I wanted to put a 4m wide tank across the far wall in the kitchen/family room in the new house we're building but the complaints have already been in about where the TV will go!!! I might have to think about either a tank to either side - which is great until TV sizes change again!! I've never had fish before so from zero to a huge tank will be interesting.

• Sonia
    7年前

So with you netschwester. Humans have an obsession with putting animals of all types in cages/tanks. Why? When you think how far tropical fish swim in the ocean in the wild, you will realise tanks are just prisons. Horrible.

• soozmacrae
    7年前

I love fish tanks but they are hard work to maintain properly. I don't have one anymore but now that tanks have improved in style and there are more fish friendly enviroments available......

• PRO
    Pamela Langbridge Curtains and Upholstery
    7年前

Not for me but in the right setting they are beautiful

• Naoise Hartigan
    7年前
    Fish tanks are fab - really peaceful and calming. when our children were young they loved tank gazing. They are a lot of work though - to keep it clean and maintain the quality of the water we had to spend a couple of hours a week at it. After 20 years we gave it away as we are building a new house and don't want the hassle any more.
  • bouncebob
    7年前

Bouncebob's kitchen · 詳細
    I really love mine which is hiding the extractor fan behind it. There is always something to look at. There is more to fish than you would expect...

• PRO
    Elite Refurbishment & Construction London Ltd
    6年前

Absolutely fantastic, we have had fish tanks for 30 odd years now.