Houzz Logo Print
ralena_rowe

Spacing?

I feel like this is not the best work that could be done in this space. The tile spacing is off, sloppy. They aren't finished yet, but the spacing isn't going to change! Am I right?

コメント (10)

• shirlpp
    7年前

Oh My!!! The spacing is looking horrid - sorry. Is this a professional doing this, I don't think so. They cannot change the spacing and then continue, because it would look even worse. They'd need to start over.

• millworkman
    7年前

Yet again, if that is what someone think is acceptable for the tile work I would hate to see what or how they waterproofed the shower. What system did they use for waterproofing? And yes have them redo that tile work as that is not good.

• jck910
    7年前

Agree terrible job. Another thought my tile guy is running the floor tile same way as wall tile - horizontally. Wasn't sure he was right but looking at yours I agree with my guy.

• PRO
    Mint tile Minneapolis
    7年前
    最終更新:7年前

" This is terminal. The patient can't be saved. It's DOA."

good times, these past few seconds.

• Ralena Rowe
    質問の投稿者
    7年前
    Okay. So I'm not crazy for thinking this is really bad. I talked to the tile guys today and they said they told the owner that this wasn't a good tile choice as it needed to be cut.

I'm going to stay calm and find a way to fix this. Thanks for all the feedback and for the note on waterproofing (?!?).
  • Ralena Rowe
    質問の投稿者
    7年前

robb merritt

• PRO
    Laying It Down Inc.
    7年前

These guys should stick to just floor installs..., maybe :/

• Diane
    7年前
    Ralena,

So sorry you are facing this. The advice here to stop and start over seems frustrating, but will save you so much later. The waterproofing is very important and if not fixed every time you see this you will get angry. We have learned (yes the hard way) that stopping even if delaying our project and a bit more cash now is so much better than lot of cash and anger.

We just ripped out the plumbing and drywall on our new powder room; no one caught that the extra three inches the plumber and framer took would have the door hit the toilet, agh! It was missed by so many so no anger, but the extra time and cash is spent is frustrating. After a few days of ignoring or considering a barn door, a outward swinging door, or framing for a pocket door we realize it is better to fix it and move forward.

Good luck to you
  • PRO
    Laying It Down Inc.
    7年前

Looks like they used the waterproofing just for the seams and nail holes. Cement board needs to be fully covered with waterproofing, two coats suggested.