Houzz Logo Print
presley01

need help with deciding on paint

presley01
11年前
Just bough this house, not crazy about the light colored real wood flooring, but I can deal with it. Main thing is what to do with that light colored beam on the ceiling!! need suggestion on what color to paint it.
thanks

コメント (16)

• PRO
    Rockin' Fine Finish
    11年前
    restain it to a darker tone and paint walls neutral gray or tan
  • PRO
    Barbara Wahler Interior Design Inc.
    11年前
    I would agree that painting it to help it disappear is a good idea but I would paint it the colour of your walls. Painting it the colour of your woodwork will still call attention to it.
  • PRO
    Smart Mural Stix
    11年前
    In stead of painting of all wall, I recommend to use Mural Style wallcovering on one wall. It will make impact and point of wall.
  • presley01
    質問の投稿者
    11年前
    thanks for the ideas! when you say woodwork color, what do you mean?
  • PRO
    Rockin' Fine Finish
    11年前
    the white millwork
  • PRO
    Debra Gunstanson
    11年前
    Have u tried the look of tin tile? Not used much but I love it
  • presley01
    質問の投稿者
    11年前
    can you post some samples of the tin tile? I think I know what you mean and I do like it, used it at m,yn last home when I remodeled
  • Ed
    11年前
    I happen to like both your current light colored real wood flooring and the real wood beam! I would not paint over the beam at all but actually would feature its beautiful wood. :) Different strokes for different folks.
  • ackinak
    11年前
    I have the same wood color floors that I don't care for, but I embraced the ugly oak and painted my walls a warm gold color.
  • PRO
    ASVInteriors
    11年前
    How about cladding it in oxidised steel? Your room is contemporary and if you wish to go that way you could have it look like an industrial beam and work with your floors (which are lovely by the way!)
    loft · 詳細

Portfolio · 詳細
  • maggie2
    11年前
    Hi, I like the beam, and I think the wood floor color is timeless in a modern sense.. The French doors are just beautiful.
    I would leave the beam as is, it adds interest and works with the floor so no added visual clutter really..
    Your fans.. And lighting... I think those are a concern :) you probably knew that..
  • presley01
    質問の投稿者
    11年前
    Oh ya....LOL. ceiling fans are out for sure!!!! LOL
  • presley01
    質問の投稿者
    11年前
    And lighting!
  • PRO
    Debra Gunstanson
    11年前
    Lighting I would hang a light from ceiling a large one