Houzz Logo Print
toddkerry38

Is it acceptable to use faux flower and/or plants in a interior design

Peony Peonies In Footed Bowl, Peach · 詳細

Faux flowers or plants use in interior design yay or nay?
Has the quality and likeness of artificial flowers and plants improved enough to be acceptable in the home?

コメント (6)

• PRO
    Urban Plant Life
    7年前

We always prefer real plants and flowers to silk ones (cleaner air among many other benefits) but there are some very high quality artificial plants on the market nowadays!

• PRO
    Indigo Acre
    7年前

Yes, I agree with Urban Plant Life-Real plants are beautiful, add a homely touch and smell lovely! However the right faux plant in the right situation can work, as long as they are of a good quality. Faux Orchids are effective if you get the right ones as they can look so real.

• PRO
    AG Interiors
    7年前

Faux flowers have improved so much over the years that they are definitely worth using - they are quite expensive but worth the investment if they are really good

• PRO
    Amber Jeavons Ltd
    7年前
    最終更新:7年前

Hello toddkerry38,

I actually love faux! When they're good they're gr8! I don't think they're a faux pas!

: ) )

There are some fantastic selections around now which extend to plants too! Here's something I put together using faux flowers, I tied a ribbon round for effect but it's my arrangement-

I offer floral arrangements for clients if they want it. And faux they are gr8 for people who have less time or for those who suffer from allergies as I do.. : ))

Dining table in living room....

Smaller arrangement of the same for bedroom....

• PRO
    Docklands Bathrooms
    7年前

It depends, if it was to be a centre piece on the table, I would only use real flowers. However faux flowers would work well for some dead space to brighten up the area.

• PRO
    User
    7年前
    最終更新:7年前

Faux flowers which are available these days have improved so much and can be incredibly realistic. I provide floral displays for clients, both real and artificial. Flowers provide that finishing touch to a room - the beauty of faux is you are able to have an eye catching beautiful arrangement that lasts far longer than fresh, though I love real flowers too of course.