Houzz Logo Print
monkeyninja

Big rug or small rug?

monkeyninja
7年前
最終更新:7年前

I am trying to decide whether to use a small rug (94" x 67") or a big rug (118" x 79") in my living room area. I live in a tiny 400 sq ft studio and have installed new wood floors (which are nice). The pics below are to scale -- so which should I get, big or small?????

BIG RUG
SMALL RUG

コメント (7)

• Jane Slaton
    7年前

What is it like if you turn the larger rug the other direction?

• monkeyninja
    質問の投稿者
    7年前

If you turn the bigger rug the other way, then it will not be as wide as the couch (couch is 90 inches wide vs. 79 inches for the rug). The length of the rug would probably be too long (i.e. one end would touch the wall behind the couch and the other end would be very close to the opposing wall)...

• monkeyninja
    質問の投稿者
    7年前

Thank you for the insight, and you're right about the latter point -- the smaller rug probably won't have much use beyond this home, but a larger one would have a place in a larger home (also, in case I decide to get a larger couch down in the future)...

• monkeyninja
    質問の投稿者
    7年前

Okay - its decided -- big rug it is. Thank you for all the input!

• shamira20
    7年前

Something to consider. I recently saw an idea online for small studio apartments that I loved. If you turned your bed 90' and put the TV/entertainment table against the foot of the bed, you would be dividing up the space into living room/bedroom with the use of the TV/entertainment table. Thereby creating a sense of privacy of the bedroom area. And then you would need to change the couch position to face the TV.

• Najeebah
    7年前
    @Shamira, I don't see the sense of privacy, but for usage, that idea can work well in some cases