Houzz Logo Print
ocean_clarke

Open or hidden storage - which is for you?

Let the world see your collectables or hide them away?

There's lots of things to consider when it comes to which storage solutions you go for in your home - practicality, cost and style are just a few!

So do you like your personal items, cooking utensils and other homeware kept out of sight or on show to the world, as a design feature?

Show (lots of photos please) and tell us your favourite storage ideas below!

On show
Hidden
A bit of both!

コメント (14)

• PRO
    Curiosity Interiors
    7年前

Here at Curiosity Interiors we like a bit of both! Keep it open or hide it away!

• Ocean Clarke
    質問の投稿者
    7年前

But surely the wine rack is a little too tempting (or perhaps I just like to blame my wine consumption on the wine rack!)

I like both of those cabinets - and love that you can use the wicker baskets for the items you don't necessarily want on show. The best of both there - very nice!

• PRO
    Splash Acrylic
    7年前

Hidden storage is much neater!

• Lila 1410
    7年前

Definitely a bit of both. There are things you want people to see and other things that are best kept out of the way.

• User
    7年前
    Display things that look nice. Hide things that don't.
  • Janet Van De Mortel
    7年前
    love the colour if the shelves with the baskets
  • PRO
    Oasys Property Solutions
    7年前

My vote is for a combination of hidden and concealed storage. Often a bespoke solution is the best option to suit the space and items to be on show/hidden. Another option is to have open storage but to highlight the items more suited to be displayed with lighting.

39UCR Extension and remodelling · 詳細

16FP Kitchen extension · 詳細

39RR · 詳細

9AR Kitchen extension & Internal Remodelling · 詳細

14GR Ground floor remodelling · 詳細

14GR Ground floor remodelling · 詳細

• truebrie
    7年前
    One set back of open storage is the dust... otherwise I think it looks more original!
  • PRO
    Yorkshire Fabric Shop
    7年前

hidden storage is a lot neater but some things deserve to shown

• User
    7年前

I have a rather formal master bedroom and did not want the TV to be obvious. I happened upon an antique chest that perfectly hides a modern flat-screen TV and looks right witht the other furnishings.

• PRO
    Spiral Cellars
    7年前

It definitely depends on the aesthetics of an interior - we personally love both!

Spiral Cellar with Trap Door for Stone / Ceramic Floor · 詳細

Spiral Cellar Retractable Door · 詳細

• PRO
    Indigo Acre
    7年前

We like a bit of both! -If it is done right, on show Storage is really unique! At the same time hidden storage is a good excuse to get clever and savvy with design!

• Ocean Clarke
    質問の投稿者
    7年前

So true Indigo Acre! Also, those cellars are amazing, I definitely need one of those!